Couple new bikes this weekend

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fell into a couple new (old) bikes this weekend.

First is maybe a Schwinn? Serial number on the bottom bracket looks like a schwinn serial number, maybe 1949? What say ye? Fenders are chrome. Who knows what color is hiding under that housepaint.
P1000672.jpg

Second is a Schwinn. I love this bike, it is so ratty, I don't intend to do a thing to it to make it pretty. However, I need to find a rear fender and a couple fender supports for the front fender, which is screwed up. Is this seat correct? S/N is on the rear dropout, and says its a 52, but the frame looks newer than a 52 to me?:
P1000670.jpg

Re: Could new bikes this weekend

The first one is a schwinn frame with a mix of other parts. Nice finds. Matt

Re: Could new bikes this weekend

MBblue6 said:
The first one is a schwinn frame with a mix of other parts. Nice finds. Matt

Maybe...but the seat post clamp doesn't look right for a Schwinn. Neither do the welds where the down tubes meet the head tube.

Second bike is a middleweight from the late 50's or 60's. Seat is a Schwinn B1 seat from an earlier time period. Gary

I agree, the first bike is a Schwinn frame with different parts, the second might be a 57 middleweight, check the serial numbers, some numbers match up to 52 and 57. Nice finds.

Latest posts

Back