Couple Old Hawthornes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seller says they are 1939 Hawthorne bikes.
Not sure if that is correct for both, but I am picking them up tonight.

01313_hjKtmtvis43_600x450.jpg

00A0A_PwBLeXLUVY_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Nice finds, Id say the blue one is probably a 39 hawthorne. and the yellow looks a little older maybe 36

Thanks! I am pretty pumped. I got them for a super deal and I know it's probably sacrilege, but I am thinking about grabbing some parts from these for my build off bike.

Flipping bikes here in Duluth doesn't work, especially girl's bikes. I have been trying to sell a beautiful 1950 Schwinn Girl's bike for a month or so with no interest.

Thanks! I am pretty pumped. I got them for a super deal and I know it's probably sacrilege, but I am thinking about grabbing some parts from these for my build off bike.

Flipping bikes here in Duluth doesn't work, especially girl's bikes. I have been trying to sell a beautiful 1950 Schwinn Girl's bike for a month or so with no interest.
I don't see any problem with that, they are in pretty rough shape, but nice parts for sure. If you don't have plans for the blue chainguard, I may be interested. Looking forward to your build.

Nice pick! the blue elgin is a good candidate for a simple sex-change....it would be very kool. It tears me up to break bikes like this up...part em out....for build bikes but that's what we as rat-rodders do! I really appreciate the bikes for the visual statements as they are... it is nice to just take a little time and enjoy them as they are with great patina...and obvious signs of utilitarian use. Bicycle juju baby! A fabricated tank for a cross-bar ...set of high bars... brooks saddle....new tires and ride as is...

Don't know how I missed these; cool bikes. The top is CWC built circa '40-41. The bottom is HP Snyder built '36-37. Both manufacturers supplied frames for W/H.

Thanks for the replies guys, I sold these to a large, global, plant-derived cosmetics company this past Friday.
They are going to use them in a variety of ways between their creative and shows departments. At least they aren't destined to be yard art.

Latest posts

Back