covering chrome

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so what's the best way to finish over chrome? just sand, prime, and paint? can you powdercoat over chrome? can it be stripped chemically?
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
thanks!

what kinda a finish are you wanting put on it? if your gonna paint it, then just scuff up the surface real good then as long as you get a good primer it should paint fine

Easy E

most chrome shops will remove the chrome for free, it leaves the nickel and you can prep and paint on that, or powder coat or what ever, you might even like the nickel finish

olschbp said:
most chrome shops will remove the chrome for free, it leaves the nickel and you can prep and paint on that, or powder coat or what ever, you might even like the nickel finish

i've wondered if anyone did 'unchroming', how do they do that :?:

in simple terms, just reverse the electro-chemical process. Please don't make me explain plating any more than that. I'm too tired from shoveling over a foot of wet snow.

thatismytruck said:
in simple terms, just reverse the electro-chemical process.

i'll be darned.

Bendix said:
thatismytruck said:
in simple terms, just reverse the electro-chemical process.

i'll be darned.

:lol: :lol: yeah, I'm master of the obvious, huh?

Back