Craigslist Confusion???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to login to my Craigslist account earlier today, but received this message in return...

"Your email address, handle or password is incorrect. Please try again."

I am 100% sure I entered the correct email ID/password, however the message says differently.

A couple hours later, I receive this email entitled: Hopefully I found you

"** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Hi
I was looking at your profile and I
think that we are a good couple. Take a look
at my photograph and reply to me so I could
give you more pictures and info
Bye

------------------------------------------------------------------
this message was remailed to you via: [email protected]"

A decent amount of time later, I receive a different email entitled: Good day

"** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY

Salut!
I was looking at your post and I
think that we need to be with each other. Take a look
at my snap and reply to me so I could
give you more info
Bye

this message was remailed to you via: [email protected]"

I do not know if I'm being hacked or... have no clue what's going on. I am curious where these emails came and why they are directed at me. The English format/layout is relatively the same, I am assuming it came from the same typer yet they came from two different email addresses. I also do not understand why I cannot login to my Craigslist account before these emails were sent to me. What's going on?

I have no idea, but it may be tied into the current hysteria over hackers stealing passwords. Microsoft is scrambling to get patches for all versions of Internet Explorer. I understand it started on the on line gambling sites and now is spreading elsewhere. Some sites are recommending that you use Firefox or any other browser except IE until they get it under control.

I'm using Firefox..... I just received another email.

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY

Hey my friend
I was looking at your post and I
think that we should email each other. Take a look
at my snap and email to me so I could
give you more info
Good Bye

this message was remailed to you via: [email protected]

I did a "Forgot Password" request to Craigslist by entering my email address, the reply I got from Craigslist said there was no accounts that contained my email... it was obviously deleted, but I didn't do it.

Yeah I guess but this dude is spamming my inbox. I don't know how he even got my email through Craigslist or what his purpose is and how he is doing it.

Oh man i got the same thing today. Also I sold some stuff and was going to deleat my post but craiglist says i dont have any post to deleat. Do ya think it will kill my computer?

I don't know man but it's attacking me pretty good. I have gotten four of those emails so far. So Maddog you're getting the same type of emails? I don't think it can kill your computer but it can spam up your email account pretty good.

I got 6 in my Inbox and 7 in my spam all from the same person. I deleted them all and signed off from that yahoo account and turned off the computer for 10 minute just to be sure. That is the one I have a few bicycles for sale on Craigslist.

I just got this message from a scam artist for one of my bicycles. Can someone translate?
"
Hello seller here is mr, micheal ozone from usa which i will like to ask if this item of yours still available for sell and if you can give me the check for me to send my movers for the pick up from you.....

My Regard.... "

I don't know, that guy seems pretty legit. If I were you, I would totally give him the check for him to send his movers for the pick up from you. :roll:

Latest posts

Back