CraigsList = Easy Money

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Bought this Boys 24" Gary Fisher at the resale shop for $25. It sold within 5 hours on the CraigsList for $95.

100_2986.jpg

Actually...it's a combo of the resale place not caring about the brands of bikes they get and the CraigsList. :lol:

If I had a boy it would have been a keeper.

Did the same thing on this bike....bought it from the resale shop for $4.99 and sold it within 24 hours on the CL for $30.

100_2910.jpg

awesome dealin!
I sold my super nice 81 Schwinn Traveler on craigslist to a college student for $100 she just got in town and needed wheels and she loved it!
craigslist hasnt taken off here in Iowa yet but its growing and since this girl came from california she was used to looking there
I got the bike free on freecycle.org and delivered it 6 blocks from where I picked it up! lol

Oh man...that was a sweet deal.

The CL is pretty hot down here in Dallas....stuff sells super fast and you probably get 50-80 bikes listed each day. Mostly mountain bikes.

Sure hope old Craig stays anti-establishment and keeps refusing to sell out to the big corporate boys. You just can't beat free!

I guess if he did sell out and it started costing money to list stuff others would start building similar classified systems to compete.

I've heard he has turned down millions for the system.

I have had GREAT sucess on my Local Craigslist.
I recently bought this 1982 Nashiki Chromoly 12 Speed
MINT condition for $10.00 at a Garage sale..and sold it in 15 minutes for $125.00
0025-2.jpg

0023-1.jpg

I also bought a Bianci for $10.00 and sold it in 5 minutes..
with over 60 E Mails on it....for $200.00.The Vintage Road Bike Craze is HUGE in Vancouver!
The Roadies can't get enough of the Old Road Bikes.

and this for $8.00 and sold in 3 weeks for $125.00
0124.jpg

I love Craigslist... :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
That's awesome Kev...that Nishiki was SWEET!

It fit ME perfect Rat Rod.
It was a 21 Inch Frame set...when I tuned it up and rode
it I was tempted to keep it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I found a 1978 Appolo10 speed at a Garage sale yesterday cruising in
The Wagon with my Girlfriend.

Old school ,all the way.
another great find.
Kev.

It takes a little getting used to what works and what to avoid. I got a 57 Schwinn Deluxe Racer on Craigslist over the weekend, $40. It was a great deal. I buy and sell on there all the time. It's certainly less headache than ebay for bikes or cars / parts.

I can't believe how many posts there are for " I will pick up your scrap metal for free!"

WOW- REALLY???!!! Come to my house, PLEASE! :roll:

I hate to think of how many bike frames get melted down to buy who knows what.

myself and some bike club friends post on craiglsist wanting "unused, rusty, scrap, crap" bikes, and pick up a TON of them from people wanting to clean out their garage. then we rebuild them and give them to people who arent fortunate enough to have a bike. the homeless, poor people, kids. etc.

the kids who get the free bikes usually end up hanging out (all the time) and cleaning for us, or stripping bikes, sometimes to the point of annoyance, but it's fun!

great resource.

Dumpsters + Craigslist = $$$

I would estimate that in the last year I have sold $1500 or so dollars worth of dumpster bikes. I currently have 50 bikes and more than half were dumpster finds. I am getting tired of it and I will probably start consigining them at a used bike place. You can take an old bike in and the guy will tune it up and sell it and he takes a 1/3 of the money. Not a bad deal, plus he sells them FAST!

I just sold the Folding bike,
That Green Men's Cruiser,
A 12 Speed...all to the same Lady who came to look at only one of them.

and last week I sold 4 of them in 10 Minutes..
all be it, I price them Low enough for people to afford,
and high enough I do ok for all the Polishing and Cleaning
and Re-Greasing.

I love putting a smile on someone's face when they Pick up their New / Old Bike.

peace,
Kev.

heres the mate to you nishiki kev
they told me this has been ridden 10 miles since new it came with helmet and bike shoes its a garage sale find and yes thats the price on the light :)
o got a great mens fuji also for $10 at the same place
Craigs list here I come!
P4270020.jpg

P4270014.jpg

P4270005.jpg

P4270017.jpg

Latest posts

Back