Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is kind of a continuation of the now deleted thread "Craigslist Idiots" but with a bit of policing this time, it got a bit out of hand with posts that were just nitpicking or grammar. I originally started out to share funny stories and get a good laugh. Lord knows I have had a few really funny ones from being offered a live 3 foot alligator in trade to actually selling a 5 gallon bucket of doggie doo I posted as a joke. So lets keep it clean and have some fun and laughs.

Also if you find a good deal and want to share feel free to post it just put a note that it's a good deal.

Thanks and enjoy the laughs.

Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories

I was wondering where It went, always cheers me up to see the stupid stuff people try to sell.

I want to think outskirtcustoms for agreeing to let me purge the old thread, we both lost a lot of posts from that one! haha

It was my idea to delete the old one as some people were getting concerned with the use of the word "idiot" to describe people and situations unknown and how that might look to outsiders and new members. I think we all knew that we were trying to point out funny ads and purposely misleading ads, but the line got blurry.

So enjoy the new thread, I will contribute, and in a lot of ways this thread (like the old one) can be used educationally as sometimes someone would post something that they thought costs way too much only to learn that something about the bike was actually valuable.

Thanks again Outskirt.

RIP:

outskirtcustoms: 187 posts lost
yoothgeye: 240 posts lost

You know this guy didn't forget how much he paid for it! haha I know how much I paid for mine new and know I will take a great loss just to get rid of it... oh well, that's life, I've had my fun. :mrgreen:

That expansion chamber looks like it would fry your inner leg, I've had burns on my legs from the head of the motor before and that's as far inboard as can be, that exhaust would be dangerous.

yoothgeye said:
That expansion chamber looks like it would fry your inner leg, I've had burns on my legs from the head of the motor before and that's as far inboard as can be, that exhaust would be dangerous.

But it looks cool...
Looks first, ride second, safety third. :mrgreen:

Around here you could sell just the motor and clutch for a hundred as a running minibike or go cart engine and still have a cool $50 stretch cruiser.

outskirtscustoms said:
Here's a good deal for somebody. $70 old school trike with what looks like a drum brake in front.
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bik/3596480032.html

That's what one of my trikes is but I didnt pay that much for it. I got it for the drum brake for a future build.

Latest posts

Back