Craigslist Problem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Anyone else have this problem with craigslist. They are asking for a phone # & when I typed in my # they called within 10 seconds, a machine giving me an access code which I then entered & then allowed me to post but none of my post are coming up on craigslist now. I even set up a new e-mail account & tried posting today but they are asking for a phone # again.

I've never seen that one. Hope it's not the way they are headed.

I have heard before that hackers can see what sites you frequent and make a mirror image site ( eg. craigslist) and steal your info ( eg. phone number, passwords, etc.) . Happened to my cousin a few years ago on ebay. All of a sudden his bank account had no money in it. :shock: ...but I'm sure its not that, at least I hope not.

HotRodRob said:
I have heard before that hackers can see what sites you frequent and make a mirror image site ( eg. craigslist) and steal your info ( eg. phone number, passwords, etc.) . Happened to my cousin a few years ago on ebay. All of a sudden his bank account had no money in it. :shock: ...but I'm sure its not that, at least I hope not.

wow, thats a new one to me... :roll: does it say http://accounts.craigslist.org in the address bar?

scrumblero said:
HotRodRob said:

wow, thats a new one to me... :roll: does it say http://accounts.craigslist.org in the address bar?
sure does

I had to go through the same thing last year with opening a account for CL but never had a problem posting.

yeah i had to call one time before but i forget if it was when i opened an account or just trying to post. i did get a email saying this today tho? :?

CRAIGSLIST TERMS OF USE We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter your account at any time. Therefore your account has been blocked.

Common reasons include:

•Essentially you posted the same item to multiple cities or categories, or more than once in 48 hours
•Your post contains a link or URL to a commercial website or auction
•Your ad appears to contain a phone #, email address, or URL

To avoid deletion of your Craigslist account please follow this link:

https://accounts.craigslist.org/

Thanks,
Craigslist Team

anyone ever had this before???

I got that call and it was legit for me. I couldnt post until after i gave my number, received a call, and entered a code that the phone call had given me. I wouldnt click on the link unless you can verify it however. Contact craigslist if you keep having problems and they can help you. Sometimes they are a little slow though.

Check your inbox and there may be a "publish posting" message. This happened to me a few days ago but not the last time I posted. :roll: Weird... I don't know what to think.

Just beware, there are a lot of sites that people try to steal accounts with it looks just like craigslist and even has the phishing warning on it. I use the Firefox browser and it blocks it 99% of the time but you got to be careful. I've even gotten e-mail postings saying I posted something I didn't and it's just a spoof to get your log in info.

Latest posts

Back