Craigslist Ripoff Of The Day.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Let's see. OCC Stingrays are around $200 new. I see them for $50 used at yard sales. Add a bike motor kit for $200, maximum. Now I'll be extremely generous with a $50 hourly shop fee and 10 hours build time. So I am coming up with $900 for everything, assuming you got a crappy deal on parts and labor. Honestly, I could probably replicate this build for around $200.

Pretty crazy considering the seller is claiming to have purchased these for $1895 each! :roll:

http://madison.craigslist.org/bar/1262266557.html

fy2udd.jpg

yeah but dudes willing to trade.

maybe he'd be interested in a few of my $500 collectable bic lighters. :)

Ya know that just goes to show you that some people are willing to fork over huge money for stuff you wouldnt.... I mean the guy must be loaded that he can drop close to four grand on a couple of OCC choppers with china motors right? Dont be a hater!

My memory isn't the best, but isn't that the guy who was trying to sell OCC chopper bikes on ebay for $1,500? If so, he's been called out in here twice. There can't be too many people with OCC chopper bikes and a purple microfiber couch.

If it is the same guy, the question is (besides why would anyone buy a purple couch) could he not sell the bike and put on a motor to make it seem more like a custom-built chopper, or is he consistently flipping the bikes at the unbelievable asking price and used the motor to squeeze a couple of extra hundred out of the deal?

People have a responsibility to themselves to spend their money wisely, but that's still a pretty messed up way to earn a living. Given Madison's knowledgeable bike culture and it's empathy for victims in any situation, I am really surprised to see this guy is from here or that he is getting away with it.

MonsterMetal said:
Ya know that just goes to show you that some people are willing to fork over huge money for stuff you wouldnt.... I mean the guy must be loaded that he can drop close to four grand on a couple of OCC choppers with china motors right? Dont be a hater!
Clock-blocking a sucker punch doesn't make you a hater. More than 500 clams for one of those is a RIPOFF.

Thanks for posting the screenshot!!!

There's nothing worse here than dead links.

voodoo curse said:
Thanks for posting the screenshot!!!

There's nothing worse here than dead links.

No problem. It is pretty easy. Just press the printscreen button, paste into an image editor, and treat as you would any photo. I think we should all do it.

Not a being a hater, btw. Just think that is a bit more than they are worth.

Latest posts

Back