craigslist

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this at the help desk

you have gotten the attention of the staff and
you are just a hair breadth away from total ban (block) of use the site.
What's happened to you is a little warning from staff that you are violating the TOU.
I would suspect that the number of your ads would be at least one violation.
And that you appear to be a dealer posting in private party categories would be another.
It has been suggested in this forum that you step away from the computer and cease ALL activity on criagslist for at least 3-4 weeks.
an "option" it is a very firm suggestion.
Seriously this forum has seen it happen time and time again.
While you are on hiatus take time to read the TOU and these help FAQ's so as not to wind up in similar straits again.

Sheeesh! CL Nazis!! So what were you advertising? Man, in my local CL there are quite a few "regulars" that post ALL THE TIME! Wha's up with Iowa??? :?

Are you sure that came from the CL?

We have knuckleheads here listing dozens of bikes over and over each week. :roll:

Rat Rod said:
Are you sure that came from the CL?

We have knuckleheads here listing dozens of bikes over and over each week. :roll:
I got that from an OP at the craigslist help desk.
I never got an email from CL just all my ads gone and if they were just flagged by somebody out for me I doubt they would have flagged the car I have for sale also and all my adds went poof at the same time. the help desk said,,,, I was a dealer and post all of my bikes in 1 ad in the future and DO NOT use big pictures

That response sounds like a 3rd grader wrote it. :?

Good to know there are bright people at the wheel there.

Just use a different email address, different back drop to your photos and use a more vague location. :wink:

I think it logs your IP address If you list too many items in succession it black lists your account it happened to mine last year when I was selling 4-8 bikes a day

Bicycle dealer, huh Hooch? How many were you selling? :lol:

Nahhh, I think that's pathetic of Craigslist to do. And Cody-James, that must have stunk for you too.

Hopefully Craigslist doesn't turn evil. :oops:

schwinnmesa said:
Bicycle dealer, huh Hooch? How many were you selling? :lol:

Nahhh, I think that's pathetic of Craigslist to do. And Cody-James, that must have stunk for you too.

Hopefully Craigslist doesn't turn evil. :oops:
Yea! Here I thought that CL was supposed to be liaise-fare capitalism...Buyers and sellers making transactions free from any outside (Governmental) influence...Oh, well. There goes my optimism... :|

Here in Phoenix there are a half dozen dealers who post multiple times daily,and private sellers who are buying shipping containers of cheap Chinese bikes and posting numerous times as well. It was real bad around Christmas.Is there supposed to be a 3 day wait between listings? It just makes it harder as a buyer or seller to sort through it all. We have approx 250 bike listings a day on CL to sort through.Perhaps they should have a category just for dealers.

Latest posts

Back