Crank set w/ motor to crank to rear sprocket free wheel on the crank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen it on other builds and I want it for my build. Chain from motor to crank on left side and chain from crank to rear sprocket with free wheel on the crank. Where can I find this? Who makes them? Do they have a name?

Attachments

• crank 1.jpg
    crank 1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 398
  • crank 3.jpg
    crank 3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 402
  • crank 2.jpg
    crank 2.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 396
Too bad they chose to make it exclusive to those buying and making their bikes, they won't sell it separately any more. Anyone know of any other makers of the crank shaft assemblies?

It's actually pretty simple ..lol the sprocket coming of the clutch can be welded to the small sprocket going back to drive .Then those two connected sprockets just spin on pedal crankshaft with no keys or set screws. You would need collars to hold it in line. Now you can pedal bike with no engine drag. Now if you want to kickstart you need a oneway bearing of some sort. I have seen it done with a manual clutch.

It's called a "jack shaft," and most motorized bike engine stores carry theirs. BBR has one that is acceptable...
Search, "motorized bike jack shaft kit."

He was (2016) talking looking for a gear reduction hub

Attachments

• DF4590A5-C643-4E5F-9E38-0D7D12261C91.png
    DF4590A5-C643-4E5F-9E38-0D7D12261C91.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 87

Latest posts

Back