Crazy repairs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ingola

Canadian Collection Connoisseur
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a crazy fix found on a bike share yours
FB_IMG_1667070400963.jpg

I slashed a sidewall out mountain biking in Dupont. Installed a new tube but it just kept pushing out the slice. Would never last.

I was not looking forward to a 11 mile hike-a-bike so I got desperate. I had a tube patch kit but the patch was a small 1x1 circle and wouldn't work but the patch glue and my emergency $20 bill stashed in my seat tube would. Folded the bill in half for extra thickness and glued it on the inside of the sidewall. Expensive repair but it worked

When we got back to the truck my buddy says "why didn't you just cut some rubber from the old tube and use that as a patch instead?"

tenor.gif

Aww man............

I slashed a sidewall out mountain biking in Dupont. Installed a new tube but it just kept pushing out the slice. Would never last.

I was not looking forward to a 11 mile hike-a-bike so I got desperate. I had a tube patch kit but the patch was a small 1x1 circle and wouldn't work but the patch glue and my emergency $20 bill stashed in my seat tube would. Folded the bill in half for extra thickness and glued it on the inside of the sidewall. Expensive repair but it worked

When we got back to the truck my buddy says "why didn't you just cut some rubber from the old tube and use that as a patch instead?"

View attachment 215096

Aww man............
ha ha , once I learned to do skids on my first bike I found out how quickly the tires wore out, same as you, worn right through the canvas and the tube pops out, I would hunt the house for some material, I found thin fake leather was great ha ha ! we wernt rich enough to go buy new tires every week ha ha !

Latest posts

Back