Crusty bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Saw this at a garage sale today. The seller had $30 bucks on it. The bike had been sitting outside a barn for eons and it showed. Springs under the seat were fused together with rust, frame was not too bad and the fork was salvageable. I passed on it. Sorry for the crumby pic, cheap cell phone pic.
crusty_bike.jpg

20" rattrap springer worth the $30?...I don't know,I'm ask'in...P 8)

Pappy said:
Like I said, it was REALLY rusted. Was excited to drive by and see the bike until I got up close, saw the condition and the price, my heart sank.

54shadow said:
Pappy said:
Like I said, it was REALLY rusted. Was excited to drive by and see the bike until I got up close, saw the condition and the price, my heart sank.

Well I'd probably point out all the rust, the cost to repair, etc. and work them down to $10. Then I'd probably part it out (not my style of bike). Even with a bit of rust that springer is worth more than the $30 asking price.

partsguy said:
54shadow said:
Pappy said:

Well I'd probably point out all the rust, the cost to repair, etc. and work them down to $10. Then I'd probably part it out (not my style of bike). Even with a bit of rust that springer is worth more than the $30 asking price.
I tried, however, the guy did some searchin' on the net and saw what a good one would bring, he was sticking by his price.

I like when they say but when its cleaned up its worth say 150. and I look at them and say it will take 140 to get it to the point of it being worth that much so why dont you sell it to me for this much and it out of your hair. Or I give them my number and tell them when they get tired of looking at it to give me a call. both ways seem to work for me. But of course Im one of the only people in my area that will buy old rusty bikes

dragnusa said:
I like when they say but when its cleaned up its worth say 150. and I look at them and say it will take 140 to get it to the point of it being worth that much so why dont you sell it to me for this much and it out of your hair. Or I give them my number and tell them when they get tired of looking at it to give me a call. both ways seem to work for me. But of course Im one of the only people in my area that will buy old rusty bikes[/quote
Following your rules pointed out here, I may be the only guy in my area buying rusty bikes also.

54shadow said:
dragnusa said:
I like when they say but when its cleaned up its worth say 150. and I look at them and say it will take 140 to get it to the point of it being worth that much so why dont you sell it to me for this much and it out of your hair. Or I give them my number and tell them when they get tired of looking at it to give me a call. both ways seem to work for me. But of course Im one of the only people in my area that will buy old rusty bikes[/quote
Following your rules pointed out here, I may be the only guy in my area buying rusty bikes also.

Not so fast,there 54shadow...I know where Blue Springs is :lol: ...P 8)

Pappy said:
54shadow said:
dragnusa said:

Not so fast,there 54shadow...I know where Blue Springs is :lol: ...P 8)
Hahahaha, busted! I saw this classic example of oxidation in Oak Grove, Mo.

Latest posts

Back