Cubical Ladder...done?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had fun building this over the weekend...still want to change up the wheels and the paint and maybe do a little more metal work or put on some brakes for safety but the deadlines in a couple days and I have work. Not trying to win but wanted to at least enter something :). It is the most stable and comfortable tallbike ive ever ridden, it doesn't wheelie like crazy, not wobbly and squirly feeling like most, the gearing is perfect, really nice to ride :).

-The best part about the bike is that it was completely free...everything on it was going in the trash at our community bike shop other than the rear derailer I pulled from one of my other bikes.

Build Thread for more pictures and info: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=22088

Here it is in my first day of commuting to work :)
15542_217293176954_714576954_4521229_7725016_n.jpg

15542_217293241954_714576954_4521230_7839365_n.jpg

now wait a second being the heckler i am for this comp i gotta say this. a tall bike with no brakes? come on lets see a video of you riding it down the hall at work. i am full on calling you out double dog daring you. sweet bike but wow i cant imagine riding a tall bike without a way to stop. nice work lets see if she rides.

I'll bet he slows down using a foot on the rear tire for the brake. Not good in an emergency stop, but did ya see some of the suicide brakes or nobrakes at all on some of the rats around here. Besides you never really want to come to a total stop while sitting on the seat of a tall bike , do ya?

Karfer your quick! I overlooked the brake. My Ross double high has a 3-speed coaster brake. This (IMMHO) is the best set up. My new Tallbike has just a coaster brake. Well N8NBOX's bike is offically finished and mine isn't.

GL

Yeah here in lil d none of us run brakes on our tallbikes...I just rode to work in the rain without one....not the safest thing in the world but just took it slow and kept my right foot resting ontop of the rear tire on the downhills and such. I might add a brake later on but unless you have a good brake its easier to lock up the wheel with a foot than it is a cheap center pullc brake. I will try and get a video of me riding around the office tomorrow but everyones been at training yesterday and today so none of my night unit has been here to shoot it for me. Thanks for the comments :)

Latest posts

Back