Currently riding this 1972....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...with a snow blower I restored about 10 years ago. 1972 J.D. 110 with hydraulic lift. I have snow plow, the mower deck, cultivator blade and pivoting lift hitch. I just pressed in new PTO bearings this summer and also did points plug and condensor. It's been my year round work horse for the past 15 years.
P1011151.jpg

P1011152.jpg

P1011153.jpg

P1011154.jpg

P1011155.jpg

She'll blow a full pass of 10" deep powder at a good speed, no problem.

I've got a JD 316 that's about as old as yours. I also have the same or similar snow blower, chains, and store bought wheel weights. It's a workhorse and I had the motor rebuilt 5 or 6 yrs ago. I decided when the hydrostat goes out I'd get rid of it. It's still going strong. I don't use the blower much anymore. I have an old Ford 8N with a blade and like it better. The snow blower blows too much back in your face and you freeze. We got a new JD 425 last year...zero turn mower, 23 HP, kicks butt.
B607

Great looking tractor!! Those JD's are legendary. Some of them will still be running a 100 years from now. Yours looks like it's in great shape. I sold Kohler parts and engines for a distributor for many years and JD and Cub Cadet kept me in business. I've got an old Ariens GT17 hydro that I haul brush with sometimes, but don't have any accessories for it. Thanks!!!

thatismytruck said:
You can't beat an Old JD 110!! nice tractor!!

I don't have a JD but I do have a nice old Poulan that I let Boy drive around occasionally:

0923071553a.jpg

I dont know about that. I had an old JD 110 with the kohler motor on it and i would work real good until i would get the farthest away from the barn and break down. So needless to say i beat that tractor while pushing it to the barn. Now i have a Craftsman with 22 horses and hydro drive and couldnt be happeir. Not bashing your JD i really did like the variable drive on it. And it would pull a stump out of the ground when it was running.

Latest posts

Back