Custom Schwinn Trike...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trike.jpg

I'm just getting started on this custom trike for my girlfriend.

Please tell me that ottoman is going to find it's way onto the trike! :lol:

My original idea was to put a big seat in-between the rear wheels right off the axle... but she wants to sit higher than that, so the seat stays. Not sure what (if anything) i'm going to put on the rear... maybe a miniture model A pickup looking wood bed...?

Did she ride it before you started? I tried riding mine when I first got it,
and it felt real "tippy", so I'm lowering it. I'm not sure what I'm going to
do with the bed, but I like your "model A pickup bed" idea.
8) Cool project 8)

latest pics...

trikewelded.jpg

I just took the trike up to monstermetal and he welded the rear to the frame for me (i can't weld in my apartment... :( ). I've got some parts coming for it on tuesday :D

pics...

trikeprimeredsun.jpg

trikerear.jpg

I'm not done with the frame yet, but i shot it with some primer to protect it for now. I'm going to do some custom work on it but i'm just not sure what exactly yet...

Thanks! :D Ow, and the black paint is just temporary. I still have alot of frame work to do. I already had to put a new head tube on it. The original head tube was too small for head set.

new seat looks comfy

I added some new supports, and later i'll be adding a miniture 30's-40's looking pickup truck bed with a tail gate, wood floor etc. :D
trikesupports.jpg

Found this Coke crate at a local antique shop, and if i can get it back from the cats... i'm going to make it into a bed for the trike. Also, My fionce' has decided that she wants to go with a 26" wheel in the front :D
coke3.jpg

coke2.jpg

coke.jpg

bigwheel.jpg

Latest posts

Back