CWC prewar Roadmaster?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a chance to pick up this bike for $250 -- it is in great shape and would be a good buy for a 1941 but I am afraid it is much later. I need some help here because I have to pick it up in the morning. It is a skip tooth and I know that doesn't mean anything. The owner told me the serial number so take it with a grain of salt.

Attachments

• IMG_3902.JPG
    IMG_3902.JPG
    112.2 KB
  • IMG_3903.JPG
    IMG_3903.JPG
    112.6 KB
  • IMG_3898.JPG
    IMG_3898.JPG
    96.2 KB
  • IMG_3899.JPG
    IMG_3899.JPG
    192 KB
  • IMG_3900.JPG
    IMG_3900.JPG
    229 KB
  • IMG_3901.JPG
    IMG_3901.JPG
    255 KB
If it's not 1941, I think it's pretty close. Nice paint and everything. Excellent deal!

I do believe that bike is likely from the early 1950's. Flip and examine the suffix on the bottom bracket. It should sport a two-digit year followed by Cw. My RM is nearly identical construction and is stamped 53Cw. Nice snag, BTW...I might just use yours as a guide for fixing mine.

I thought the 50's Cw bikes were all flat bar frames. I might be wrong. The curved lower top tube bar is the earlier version. Here's what the serial number on a 53 looks like. The Cw may be hard to read.

old 186.jpg

1946/47 frame:
coppertooth teardown 019.JPG

1953 frame:
comet 002.JPG

Attachments

• old 197.jpg
    old 197.jpg
    28.7 KB
Last edited:
It might not be a 41 but I'd say closer to 41 than 51. It's a heck of a deal! There are parts that's not correct but enough that are that make it a sweet starting point!

Quite a mystery -- I did more research last night and it could be a 1947 as well. I did see that they made a tribute bike in 1998 but I am certain it is not one of those at least.

I thought the 50's Cw bikes were all flat bar frames. I might be wrong. The curved lower top tube bar is the earlier version. Here's what the serial number on a 53 looks like. The Cw may be hard to read.

My intermediate bar is curved, and the BB is stamped just like the 53Cw in your example. I do believe Hitman's ride is a postwar bike, but maybe not by much.

RMS37 is the expert, the straight fender braces mean something that I can't remember. Either earlier or later.

Get that bike regardless!

Thanks guys -- I am pretty excited to go get it at noon today!!!

I am totally amazed this bicycle is better than I thought the paint and the pinstriping is amazing it's just awesome

Latest posts

Back