CYCO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK.......it's as done as it's gonna be!!

The frame started out as a Target bought Cyclops/Schwinn cruiser. I've always loved the look of the old twin bar frames, so I cut out the seat post, then widened the rear stays slightly to fit the 80mm wheels and 2.4 Maxxis Holly Rollers. The fork is a heavily modified Electra triple tree with custom machined top caps that work like a threadless fork (there is a threaded plug brazed into each fork tube)........they looked so nice in machined alloy, it was almost a shame to paint them ;).
I fabricated a seat mount for the Brooks B17, and milled the "fins" in the headset. The bars are Nitto B607 promenade, again painted flat black. I first saw these bars on "Shamrock", one of my favorite bikes ever on RRB, and always had it in my mind to use a set on a build. The hubs are NOS Sachs, and the rear is a Duomatic 2 speed.
The cup holder became the speaker pod, and was fitted with a JBL Micro MP3 type speaker, with the MP3 player hidden underneath the pod.

I am really liking this bike and can't stop riding it :D. The lines would have flowed better with the saddle lower, but it's pretty good to ride now, and wouldn't be with a slammed saddle. I really like the Euro style bikes and CYCO is heavily influenced by a lot of the bikes I've seen on German and Dutch sites.

aa1.jpg

aa4.jpg

aa5.jpg

aa2.jpg

aa3.jpg

aa6.jpg

aa.jpg

Last edited:
Aaaaargh..............Photobucket!!!
I had a heap of trouble this morning with Photobucket......did some editing, saved the edited images (replacing the originals), loaded the images onto my post, and the original unedited images posted???? I finally saved the edited images to my computer, then uploaded them again to Photobucket and loaded them onto my post.......but the first image (side view) has disappeared :confused:. I'll have to try again this afternoon.

Latest posts

Back