Deady LongLegs - Stick a Fork In It

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolling mockup. Ignore the saddle, just there as placeholder. I wanted to try the tan walls, hoping desperately NOT to like the looks of them. But I know Matti, falls in love, and is lazy. So I left out the rim strips to be sure I'd take them off again.View attachment 234383View attachment 234384View attachment 234385
And a little bit of an idea for comparison purposes with the Michelins View attachment 234382
Dang it, I like the tan walls
White letters just as cool to me….

Official mock-up saddle of BO18 😆

Screenshot_20230529-135842_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230529-140633_Samsung Internet.jpg

So I've consulted with my colleagues, and we've come to the conclusion that I'm trying to stuff a 135 OLD hub into a 130 OLD frame. So I have 3 options:
1. Ignore it, just jam the wheel in there and live with the shame of my sloth
2. Try to remove a spacer or something when have it apart for lube, which might make dishing necessary
3. Cold set the frame a little bit, most likely using the Tubafore* method.

*Stick a two by four between the stays against the seatpost and heave away until I think it's enough. Turn over and repeat until the frame is ruined and I make a stool out of it

So I've consulted with my colleagues, and we've come to the conclusion that I'm trying to stuff a 135 OLD hub into a 130 OLD frame. So I have 3 options:
1. Ignore it, just jam the wheel in there and live with the shame of my sloth
2. Try to remove a spacer or something when have it apart for lube, which might make dishing necessary
3. Cold set the frame a little bit, most likely using the Tubafore* method.

*Stick a two by four between the stays against the seatpost and heave away until I think it's enough. Turn over and repeat until the frame is ruined and I make a stool out of it
I laugh to keep from crying...

I should not have picked on oddjob. He's already done, I'm dead in the water over here. Stuff I could be doing, have all kinds of parts to put on it, but I just can't get motivated
229492-austin-powers-and-mojo.jpg

Yard work, taking the kids to their events, full time job, getting prepped for summer camping, everything is getting priority over the build. I even mowed the lawn again last night, didn't really need it, rather than try to install brakes. I can do it, there's nothing stopping me, I just don't wanna. I think this is my last competition entry. I'm a rider, not so much of a builder😿

I should not have picked on oddjob. He's already done, I'm dead in the water over here. Stuff I could be doing, have all kinds of parts to put on it, but I just can't get motivated View attachment 236930
Yard work, taking the kids to their events, full time job, getting prepped for summer camping, everything is getting priority over the build. I even mowed the lawn again last night, didn't really need it, rather than try to install brakes. I can do it, there's nothing stopping me, I just don't wanna. I think this is my last competition entry. I'm a rider, not so much of a builder😿
I should not have picked on oddjob. He's already done, I'm dead in the water over here. Stuff I could be doing, have all kinds of parts to put on it, but I just can't get motivated View attachment 236930
You have many gifts. One is encouraging and motivating others. At least you try. Some day I want to enter a build off.🙂👍

You have many gifts. One is encouraging and motivating others. At least you try. Some day I want to enter a build off.🙂👍
Lol we should start a "designer" competition where people tell others how to build their bikes. I can take credit for several of the really cool bikes around here, wether credit is warranted or not is another question

Is @ingola not an effective drill sergeant?

I was trying a softer approach clearly not working.

That's it........I'm emailing Paul Brodie now

Latest posts

Back