DAVIS, OKLAHOMA LABOR DAY TRIP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Went with some friends and their kiddos up to Davis, Oklahoma this weekend. Stayed at an awesome lodge on 70 acres surrounded by the Washita River. The river was low enough that we could all walk down each day and play in the water and wade right out to the middle and only be waist deep. The weather was awesome and our families had a great time together. Looks like we may have found a new annual tradition.

DSC_0014-2.jpg

DSC_0093-1.jpg

DSC_0006-3.jpg

DSC_0005-6.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0020-3.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0037-1.jpg

DSC_0033-1.jpg

DSC_0034-1.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

I never realized it was that pretty of a country in Oklahoma. Looks like you must of had a great time :D .............don't see no bikes :( .

Just ended my labor day weekend with a dinner date (fried clams) with my wife and a concert at the Eastham Windmill Bandstand. Makes us happy.

GL

Graylock said:
don't see no bikes :( .

I know...I could have kicked myself when we got up there. Didn't realize that the place would have so many pathways and trails on the property. :(

Cool looking place. Good to see parts of the country that I always thought might not be so interesting.

We went to camping this weekend with bunch of friends and their families. Weather kinda sucked but watched a helicopter all day Saturday dipping from the lake and putting out a fire.

it looks so relaxing! mountain views are so cool to wake up to. unfortunately i was born on the flat spot of the world....indiana :lol:. thanks for sharing the pics!

thesuicideride said:
it looks so relaxing! mountain views are so cool to wake up to. unfortunately i was born on the flat spot of the world....indiana :lol:. thanks for sharing the pics!

Yeah, I know what you mean...Dallas is flat as a pancake. :D

I grew up in Gainesville, TX. (6 miles from the Red River) we used to go up into OK to Lake Murray and Turner Falls, + the Davis area a lot, as well as Lake Texoma on the TX side. Lake Murray State Park is nice, OK does not have very many State Parks, but the ones that they have are very well done and maintained IMHO. Sulphur, OK just east of Davis has a great park to ride bikes in. It used to be named Platte National Park, the smallest Nat'l park in the US system. Lots of great places to take the family for summer fun within an hour + of you. There are a lot of little towns to explore off 377 in OK. Just be sure to drive 25MPH thru the little towns with that front TX license plate! :D

You should also consider the lower SE corner of OK. around Broken Bow, since you live about a 3 hour drive from there. If you go up there, Beavers Bend State Park is a great place as well as Broken Bow Lake. Highly recommended for a great place to stay very close to Beaver's Bend and the lake is http://www.pinemeadowcabins.com/ Tell Doug and Dian that I told you that you must be treated right! :D They are great people, and have some awesome cabins, for family stays, and especially if you leave the monkeys for a couple of days! :wink: They have used a few of my pictures for their web site in the past.

One of our favorite car day tours up there is the http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/. Fantastic in the Fall colors! It's about 30 minutes north of Broken Bow.

edit: (Feeling like I work for the OK chamber of commerce, but:) If you would consider traveling a little further (about 5 hrs from you) OK has another surprising mountain range to explore. It's about 30 minutes north of Wichita Falls, Tx. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita_Mountains. Living on the west side of the metro mess, we do WWR in a long day, but you should probably plan at least one night overnight stay. We especially love the hike up Elk Mountain, and the hiking trails thru Charon's Gardens area. Drive up Mount Scott for the sunset.

Latest posts

Back