DEAD SPACE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1659491702505.png

I like the look and size of the groovy wind screen. Kinda reminds me of rose colored hippy glasses.
It has a great vibe to it.

1659491468370.png

Ha I tweaked this days ago but have been too busy to post. I took almost two inches from the height and curved the top edge too. It looks much better to me and it accents the curved flow of the Spaceliner frame while the bottom edge still follows the angled bars.
IMG_20220812_170731.jpg

I'm missing some shifter connecting hardware but still getting close to done here.

GC

Last edited:
Nice tweek. I really like that windshield.

So my 3 speed hub was dead...
I dug up another similar to disassemble and retrieve the pawl from. (It's not a pawl per se but I don't have the word on my head right now) still have to reassemble the hub with the replacement piece but here's a pic of the tiny thing next to the broken one. It's the bit that the shifter pin screws into...
IMG_20220821_222410.jpg

And here I thought I'd push it through to completion tonight. It's close, different sprocket, chain guard is on and the tank. Soon...

GC

Ouch, tough break. I just scrolled through your build again and there is some cool steam punk vibe oozing out of it.

You're getting into the weeds of the hub at that level. Good job tracking down the issue.

IMG_20220822_193735.jpg
IMG_20220822_193720.jpg
IMG_20220822_193707.jpg

I'm still missing a piece of linkage to get the cable attached to the shifter chain.
I don't like the headlight here so......
I do have another trick if I can fab the right socketed mount...
IMG_20220822_200400.jpg

Mini spotlight style headlight. I haven't seen this done on a bicycle yet, but it sure would fit the rat rod style.

GC

Last edited:
Looking goooood. If you have an OG SA shift cable to rob the threaded barrel from, I have ferules and a crimping tool to reuse them. The Launching Pad in Wilmington would be a most excellent spot to get some photos of your ride.

Kingfish had a recent post about clearing his bench. I laughed hard, there might be a square inch clear in my "shop"
View attachment 205661

GC

That shop is spotless compared to mine. That cleared little workshop bench is the ONLY space I have available :D :D :D

Bike is looking great. That pic of the disabled hub was scary. I felt that if I looked at it wrong it would make a piece disappear into the vprtex of the shop.

Looking goooood. If you have an OG SA shift cable to rob the threaded barrel from, I have ferules and a crimping tool to reuse them. The Launching Pad in Wilmington would be a most excellent spot to get some photos of your ride.
Thanks. But I just have the chain and threaded piece hanging off of it but no cable or end to thread onto it. I've got a couple thumb shifters which I thought about sticking in the "Gas Pump Handle" seatpost and may still but I'm not too worried about it.
LittleNeutrino008.JPG

This is from 2014 "Little Neutrino" I've been meaning to get back since I heard they were open..,.

Carl.

Thanks. But I just have the chain and threaded piece hanging off of it but no cable or end to thread onto it. I've got a couple thumb shifters which I thought about sticking in the "Gas Pump Handle" seatpost and may still but I'm not too worried about it.
View attachment 205922

This is from 2014 "Little Neutrino" I've been meaning to get back since I heard they were open..,.

Carl.

Killer pic. That is one my favorite builds of yours.

Killer pic. That is one my favorite builds of yours.
I didn't build it right away, but it's the bike that brought me to this website searching for info.
It does have one of my best tank builds so far and I still ride it!

GC.

I didn't build it right away, but it's the bike that brought me to this website searching for info.
It does have one of my best tank builds so far and I still ride it!

GC.

Yes, one of the coolest tanks ever!

Latest posts

Back