Dealing with Mikey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s the deal. Mikey had advertised here some parts he’s selling off. I decide to buy a Hollywood frame/fork from him. A price was agreed upon & money was sent. A few weeks go by and no sign of the frame/fork. Emails are exchanged resulting in a promise to ship. Many more weeks go by and still no sign of the frame/fork. Now I’m getting no response from any email’s or PM’s sent to Mikey, so it’s handed over to PayPal’s dispute process.

As of today PayPal has decided the dispute in my favour but cannot recover any funds – so it looks like I’m SOL on this one. No frame and no money. Thanks a whole effing lot Mikey.

Sorry folks, but I needed to vent a bit and give you the heads up on dealing with Mikey.

-Mp

MP,

That really sucks. It's been a rare occurance on the bike sites I frequent, but those predatory types are out there.

I am going to send Mikey some Pop Rocks and Coca Cola for Christmas!

Please post all Mikeys info (name, address, email, screen names, blood type, physical desription, scars, marks and/or tattos and any known allergies) so we can:

1. Flame and shame him.

2. Avoid suffering the same fate that you did.

3. Spread the word on the other sites (CBN, MSN KC, BR&K etc).

I hope the rest of your holiday season is peaceful and prosperous.

62H

Did a google search for the email “*********” or “**************” – this was the email Mikey used for the transaction. EDITED -- see note a few posts down.

Hmmm, Looks like he’s active on a few of the VW boards

I am going to send Mikey some Pop Rocks and Coca Cola for Christmas!
LOL

This is the first transaction I've had go bad on either this or the Schwinn board. It's not about the money, there's a principle involved here.

And just for the record, I'm not looking for vengence -- RatRodBikes is a small communty and I just don't want anyone else getting burned.

I hope the rest of your holiday season is peaceful and prosperous.

Thanks 62H & right back at ya' (and everyone else too) :D

-Mp

i believe in karma you do good you get good back in return , you do bad .... will hit the fan and the world becomes very small , :shock: someday it will come back and bite him in the ... he'll need a part or whatevere what goes around comes around. peace man merry xmas!

As you can see, I have edited an earlier post to remove Mikey's email.

My reason for doing so is this: I've tracked him down on another discussion board. I will contact him (publicly) and see what he's willing do to resolve this situation. His response will determine if the info goes back up for everyone to see.

Once again, I don't want to exact revenge, I just want my frame or $$ returned.

-Mp

that sucks to get ripped off like that. i had that happen when i bought a scooter in ny to have shipped to ca. weeks went by emails back and forth then nothing. i tracked his real phone number down and got a hold of the jerk's mother and she thought that what he did was NOT wrong lol. he thought he was off scott free until i informed him that i used to live in ny and when i was there got to know a few heck's angel mc members quite well and gave them his address. nuff said. these creeps think nothing of robbing people blind because they are on the net and think they can't be found but i am sure he had done it before but doubt he shall do it again. :mrgreen:

Revenge is a dish best served cold!

spazkid.gif

I just call up the Crazy kid....he does my dirty work.

*****UPDATE*****

I've been in contact with Mikey and it looks like this situation may be resolved in a positive way. I'm hoping it does.

I'll let you guys know the outcome.

-Mp

Good news.

I really regret sending that pop rocks gift pack now.

i'll remember to stay on your good side bud i DEFINETLY dont want that comin' after me!! :shock:

naw we are all family on here and know better. from this moment forth i say that if anyone does anything of this sort to a fellow ratter that they be forced to ride the pink barbie bike of shame for no less than one week everyday for at least 2 hrs. the bike shall have white tires, pink frame, white basket WITH multi color plastic flowers, and pink and purple gliter streamers. :mrgreen:

I'm happy to report that the whole matter is resolved.

Mikey took care of the problem immediately when I made contact with him via one of the VW forums.

I'll admit that I feared the worse after the PayPal claim failed, but this is one time I'm glad to be wrong.

To make a long story short, it was an honest mistake on Mikeys part and the speed at which he resolved the problem proves to me that there was no ill intent.

-Mp

Back