Dec 1981. Send me back in time...........

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
.....so I can have my beautiful Mongoose back. Nevermind me with the star trek shirt, nerd glasses, and locker stuffing scars!!
I loved this bike. How my parents, who new nothing about bikes, picked out such a great bike is a mystery to me. I also credit them for passing up the 40lbs skyway(?) mags for the thick spokes. I musta put 100k miles on this thing. I gave it up when I was living in LA (Sportsmans paradise....not the city of angels) 'round 1990. By then It was on its third paint job of green. I've been hunting one for about a year now. I'll start with a bare frame, but I will re-create my favorite bike ever!

Mongoose.jpg

I might be able to help. Are you looking to build a show bike or just one to cruise that will resemble what you had bitd?

Good question. I'd love to make a showpiece out of this one, and this one only. I usually like my bikes with some patina, but this would be a display piece. However, I've been watching the market on these and, like everything else I have, its really a matter of what I can afford. I see the name Hutch in your user ID. I gave this up cause I built a Hutch instead. Started with a bare frame and added some great lightweight wheels (Perrigrine?). I was gonna try BMX racing cause a track was supposed to open. The track never appeared and my interest waned so I sold that too. It was fun, but the Mongoose holds the memories.

great picture. good luck building your favorite bike. that'll be fun.

i have a march of 81, it'll need redone and its just a frame. let me know if you want me post any pics.

Cool pic!

I wish I had a photo of me and my '83 Supergoose I built back then. I've been trying build my bike again too, and as of yet, have not found a frame. I do however, have a cool set of Z-rims ready for it!

Dan

Latest posts

Back