degreasers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
SIMPLE GREEN....it's biodegradable and non-toxic.

It's composed of grease eating microbes....awesome stuff.

http://consumer.simplegreen.com

grease eating microbes???
it might be true that Simple Green is biodegradable but once you mix it with oil, it isn't biodegradable. you'd need some ACTUAL grease-eating microbes like in OzzyJuice (or the OzzyJuice cleaning system).

Yeah...I've got better things to do than make up stories about degreasers...HA HA!!!

Biodegradable - Is Simple Green biodegradable?

Yes. Simple Green is readily decomposed by naturally occurring microorganisms. Simple Green is biodegradable and meets the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommendations for ready biodegradability. The Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD), as a percentage of the Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), after 4, 7, and 11 days was 56%, 60%, and 70% respectively for Simple Green.

Rat Rod said:
Yeah...I've got better things to do than make up stories about degreasers...HA HA!!!

Biodegradable - Is Simple Green biodegradable?

Yes. Simple Green is readily decomposed by naturally occurring microorganisms. Simple Green is biodegradable and meets the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommendations for ready biodegradability. The Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD), as a percentage of the Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), after 4, 7, and 11 days was 56%, 60%, and 70% respectively for Simple Green.
The naturally occurring microbes are in nature...out in the wild...not in the simple green itself.

Gotcha...yeah, you're right.

Regardless, it works great, smells good and doesn't take any years off your lifespan :lol:

oh yea...i'll second the use of simple green. I was using Purple Power (also works great) but it dried my hands too much. I wish I could afford a Smartwasher (uses the OzzyJuice) but even with my NAPA discount the darn thing is $1500 USD

i was feeling surly this morning...coffee hadn't kicked in

degreaser

Most of the time i use a product called "CUT-THRU" it's one of those bidegradeable orange type cleaners made by Certified Labs. Does need to soak a little. I get it from a friend who sells the stuff...love it!! We also use it after dirty mt bike rides. :mrgreen:

As you all know all my builds are clean. As every part comes off....it will be cleaned polished/painted before it will go back on. You could say I'm a little *&^% about it lolol My father was a Helicopter engineer so all my trick are from the industry.

At one time I used gasoline to clean all my gressy parts......works great! but a little dangerous! I have found "Super Clean" to work the best for me, I use a old paint brush or nail brush to work it does not stink up the garage like gasoline :mrgreen:

superclean.jpg

cw_sazabi_prog%20017_jpg.jpg

Firewalker said:
As you all know all my builds are clean. As every part comes off....it will be cleaned polished/painted before it will go back on. You could say I'm a little *&^% about it lolol My father was a Helicopter engineer so all my trick are from the industry.

At one time I used gasoline to clean all my gressy parts......works great! but a little dangerous! I have found "Super Clean" to work the best for me, I use a old paint brush or nail brush to work it does not stink up the garage like gasoline :mrgreen:

superclean.jpg

cw_sazabi_prog%20017_jpg.jpg

did you get a job as a rep selling Super Clean??? :D

Back