dented handlebars

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Any way to get dents out of steel tube handlebars? I have an old cross brace handlebar from the 20's but it has some dents in the tubing (the bars are straight, I'm talking about there being actually pushed in dents). Any way to get these out? I was thinking a steel ball the size of the inner diameter forced through but I'm not sure where to find a steel ball like that or how to get it through since the bars are not straight across (hard to get around the bends...) Any help?

How are you planning on finishing the bars? Paint, chrome, leaving them as they are? If you are painting them then just fill the dent with some JB Weld or Bondo. Then just sand it smooth and paint as usual. If you are plating or powder coating then it will need to be filled with some kind of metal. Either get the welder out and slowly build it up until the dent is gone or you can lead fill it like the old school hot rodders did.

I don't know if this will work cause of the thickness of the tube but you could plug a end fill it with water and then plug the other end or stand it up right and freeze.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back