DFW Cruiser Bicycle Ride sponsored by the Slow Spokes club

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The “Slow Spokes” DFW want you... to enjoy a Cruiser Bicycle Ride on Sunday, August 11, 2013.

The recently formed “Slow Spokes” DFW cruiser bicycle club invites all fans of cruiser style bicycles (beach cruisers, vintage balloon tires, ratrod bikes, kustom bikes, comfort bikes, etc.) to join them for a cruiser bike ride on Sunday, August 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Campion Trail, Irving, TX.

We will meet at 1:30 PM in the parking area at "Birds Fort Trail Park" located at 5849 Riverside Drive, Irving, TX (intersection of Riverside Dr & Lakemont Dr).

Riders will enjoy the popular Campion Trail in Irving, TX which runs along the Elm Fork of the Trinity River. The ride is family-friendly and suitable for all abilities. We will ride the northern section of the trail for about 30 minutes and then return to where we started for a total ride of 8 to 10 miles - about an hour’s worth of riding.

Too cool off after the ride, fresh watermelon will be provided.

After the watermelon, for those that still want to ride some more, the Campion Trail has a southern section of the trail that goes for another 3 miles or so (for an additional 6 miles round trip).

For more information, please contact the Slow Spokes DFW cruiser bicycle club at: [email protected].

Thanks for putting this together cuz it seems no one around here actually wAnted to form a group I am excited to get together I will see y'all there.

Great... we intend to make it.

Hope you don't mind a few pictures from when HOTVW (James) and I tried to get up interest.
First ride was just us 3 and we never seemed to be able to find the time to try again.
Looking forward to this, as I know James is.

We are excited to join you too! I will bring my camera too so we can take some awesome picture to post and get more interest generated!

Thanks for emailing me. I have already done shows for the "regular" bike clubs in Dallas and was very disappointed. There hasn't been anything in the way of the type of bikes we ride and build, just the road racing guys and the regular bicycle clubs. I will be very glad to join the ride. My wife will be riding too. Worked out good as my last build was her bike.

We are ready for the ride!!! Counting down the days, we cant wait to get out there and cruise!

The bike is ready!!....took it out for the maiden voyage last night.
Jerry thanks for the fenders put them to good use.

The Slow Spokes DFW ride in Irving, TX is this Sunday afternoon, 8/11/13. I am really looking forward to it. Hope to see a bunch of RRB Forum members out there!

Looks like a great turn out! :D

Sundays are usually a tough day for me to get out for stuff like this....thus the reason we always have the bike shows and swap meets on Saturdays. :(

Hoping at some point I can break free and join in on the fun. :wink:

Good ride, hot, but a very good time. The watermelon was VERY GOOD! :D
Thanks to Dennis and Gabe and all who organized it.

Latest posts

Back