DFW People - Any recommendations for a good klunker/mtb trail in south Fort Worth?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll be staying southwest of I-20 and 35W and hope to sneak in a few quick rides.

I'm looking for a few hills and a few jumps that won't kill a heavy guy on a heavy, no-suspension bike. Please let know if there's anything like that in the area..

Thanks in advance!

Rusty has given you the only closest options but they are not in south Fort Worth- just fyi.

You might try Gateway Park as it is the closest to your described location and it has the smaller chance of killing you (its easier). That being said, it’s got some steep creek crossings so be careful there.

Samson is steep and rocky. And further north.

There’s also Cowtown BMX track if that’s floats your boat. They can be found on the web

Rusty has given you the only closest options but they are not in south Fort Worth- just fyi.

You might try Gateway Park as it is the closest to your described location and it has the smaller chance of killing you (its easier). That being said, it’s got some steep creek crossings so be careful there.

Samson is steep and rocky. And further north.

There’s also Cowtown BMX track if that’s floats your boat. They can be found on the web
Thanks for your input, Oak Tree!

I've been doing some looking and the Gateway trails west of the Trinity look like a great place to start. I was hoping for a place a little further south, but after five hours of driving to get to Fort Worth, I sure can't complain about driving a few more miles to ride a trail I haven't tried.

Cowtown looks really cool too - I'll put it on my list for a future trip.

Latest posts

Back