Did some trading on craigslist

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey RRB people, I just met a cool bike guy from Ohio over Craigslist. Well we met up here and did some bike swapping. Ended up with my first Robinson and a nice eye candy black and red Haro pro XL race bike with sinz cranks and it is light! I can pick it up with one finger. He said it weighed in at 18lbs.

Now I know what I'm gonna do with those ACS Z Rims :wink: Cost me my Ross Piranha and a Dyno frame in trade but he drove 140 miles each way to get here. Major props there.
The plan: Black ACS Z Rims, blue tires, paint the chain ring black, red Viscount Aero seat, new decals in the correct locations, and an over all clean and rebuild.
5If5Kc5F13Ib3L53Hac9e072a28f52dba1872_zps0f128ce6.jpg

And how can you say no to a red and black bike? It cost me my diamondback, the $5 Hoffman I re-painted, and a mystery frame I had laying around in the way.
5Id5Y25Gc3E43Jb3Ndc9e1121d44939bb1a26_zps0a8650ab.jpg

Then sold him a frame and some parts! All around great day of trading.

scrumblero said:
haro is awsesome :shock:
Looks better in person. I'll try to get some better pictures later.

ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
Sounds like you done good, and have a plan. Nice Score!
I had this build planned before I even got the bike. Only thing I got to order is the decals for the frame and the decals for the wheels. In the mean time I been breaking down the wheels and restoring the acs hoops. I'll lace the wheels tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back