Dilema

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man this is an odd deal but my stepsons best friend who has has been living with us for 4 months has his first Mixed Martial Arts fight this weekend. He has trained hard for months I have tried to talk him out of it but no luck and today I find out he will be fighting one of my very good friends who is a seasoned fighter with over 10 fights with no losses! I cant get the kid (19 years old) to back out and I cant hardly ask my buddy to go easy on him. The kid told me the other day I have been more of a dad to him than his own father so this has me in a huge awkward position. who do I support? the kid who looks up to me as a dad or the good friend of over 10 years.
I dont like this MMA stuff it seems pointless to me. I might be heavily tattooed and huge but I hate pain lol

Tough one. Probably the best is to let the kid learn a life's lesson on his own. Support both by supporting neither in this particular fight. Are you planning on attending the fight?

I don' t like that style of fighting either.

I agree with cman. Don't go. I don't understand this type of fighting, or any "sport" fighting for that matter. Just my opinion. If both the contestants are truly friends, they'll both understand where you're coming from.

I am planning on attending.
these guys do not know each other and they didnt know who they were fighting til yesterday. all they knew is that had a fight scheduled.
they are both small guys under 150lbs so maybe there will be no harm.
the kid has never been in a single fist fight his whole life. where the friend is a longtime bar room brawler.
they wear gloves and headgear. Hopefully it will just end quickly.
they are both adults so what they do is up to them
I guess I will just be a silent observer

cman said:
Just noticed your appropriate profile pic. :mrgreen:

Hopefully all ends well.
it lost alot when I downsized it so I switched
here it is in its full glory :)
eee.gif

The kid may "surprise" you, and your friend.........NEVER underestimate your opponent! I'm sure this is your stepson's dream, let him live it!.....It's his life. ......Let us know what happens. Good luck to you, and your stepson.

In most martial arts compititions they are as equally matched as they can be. They dont let a black belt fight a blue belt. The acomplishment is that you prove to yourself you have acheived the belt and training. Someone has to loose there are no ties.If they are both trained reguardless of the experiance it will work itself out. If you get in involved you could kill the young boys ambition and courage. Leave it alone.

Support the kid!!!!!!!!! [your friend dont care what you think!]In England we always root for the underdog! :D

from what ive seen of them, most of the guys fighting are "gentlemen" so theyre not out there to murder anyone, just win.

hopefully noone gets obliterated, id be hoping they have a good referee that knows when to call it if needs be.

id root for the kid, hes got more guts than i do :lol:

I say get a Beer and a soft Pretzel sit back and watch the show the kid might not bleed if they have the right gear on.
Who knows the kid might beat the tar out of the guy. Then you can make him buy you a Beer. :|

My friend mike.. well ex friend lol, the kids in jail now.. was into this fighting. He trained and trained and won his first fight, got cocky and started somthing with his dad.. His dads and ex marine.. lets say he shouldnt have swung on his dad, even if they were playing. He got knocked out COLD. :lol: :lol: It was hilarious :mrgreen:

LET US KNOW WHO WINS!!!

Latest posts

Back