DIY Riveted Saddle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't done it, but anyone that can send a forum post from a Nexus 7 speed Shimano hub should be able to do just about anything!!!!!! :p

Go to the Ace hardware store where they have the hundreds of boxes of nuts and bolts. Look for the copper rivets. They are 2 piece. A rivet with a stud, and a washer looking thing that presses tight on the back. The heads are flat and they come in many sizes and lengths. I've never used them on a seat but have on many other things and they'd work fine. Plus, the copper matches the leather better than steel. Gary

Do you use a regular hand rivet tool or does it require a special tool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The washer/lock ring goes on tight. It has to be pounded on. I use a socket that's the right size, put it over the washer and pound it down. Once it's on, it won't come back off without destroying it. I suppose it could be put on with a hand tool if you could find one the right shape to fit the washer. I can take a pic of the things if you want. Gary

I put regular small rivets all around the edge of an inexpensive quilted vinyl saddle with a hand tool.

jy6y9eme.jpg

8yjyquga.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkr

Latest posts

Back