do I really need to buy stuff for plastic?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I normally use plastic polish I buy at tap to clean up old lenses and boat windshields.. but I'm out.... :x
cant I use something else I might have around to take the years off that old acrylic?

I can tell you what to NOT use . . . anything that contains alcohol (including “Windex” type window cleaners), ammonia, or strong solvents! These can “craze” the plastic and crazing is very difficult to remove, short of sanding it out . . . not a good thing. Check anything you consider using for any of those ingredients. This goes wether your acrylic is old or new.

Toothpaste.

I did it more and more, And it kept working, As you can see from the pictures.

I then switched to headlight cleaner, but why not just use the toothpaste...haha

Not necessarily recommended for windshields or helmet visors, but for reflectors or signal lights Nevrdull wadding polish. Give it a good stiff rub, let it haze and buff it off. Do the chrome while you're down there. :wink:
http://www.nevrdull.com/

deorman said:
Not necessarily recommended for windshields or helmet visors, but for reflectors or signal lights Nevrdull wadding polish. Give it a good stiff rub, let it haze and buff it off. Do the chrome while you're down there. :wink:
http://www.nevrdull.com/

OOOO I love that stuff!! I had the hardest time finding it till I figured out Eagle One bought em and changed the can :p I gotta try that! :mrgreen:

rubbing coumpound on a wool pad,followed by glaze, and a good waxing after that will bring them back(unless the plastics crazed then youll have to sand it like youd color sand paint then do the 3 steps after.
works on the newer car lamp housings as well

Latest posts

Back