Do you like really tall old road bikes or really small old road bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c6b600d0b1e10b88700ccbaac81d409f.jpg
todd-g-bertin-70-cm.jpg

Small. But I’ve a couple of taller frames

Several years ago I suffered a prostatitis attack due to the wrong angle on my regular bike seat. I switched over to noseless saddles and have gone through a couple of different Hobson saddles and a Spongy Wonder. The Spiderflex is by far the best of the lot. The holes in the pads spread the load around where your sitz bones rest and really cut down on soreness and saddle sores. Because the sitz bones are sort of trapped in the holes the seat does not move around. The other brands with smooth pads let your butt move and that was disconcerting. Spiderflex has 20mm of travel, no prostatitis, does not move under you while pedaling. When first I went to noseless saddles it was like learning how to ride a bike again but you soon get used to them. Prostatitis is brought about by damaging the perineum area and is extremely uncomfortable. I have not had any more episodes since switching and I ride every day.

I’ve thought about putting drops on a cruiser for a while…as I see these examples I may be compelled to at least try it.

I posted a couple of my "bigs" before. This is another active part of the stable. A 1980's Nishiki Sebring in 69cm frame size. Tiz a giant. This bike is my fastest bicycle. It has a Nishiki 3 tube chrome moly frame and and earlier era Kabuki front fork. I got the bike for $25 complete but the fork was toast. A couple of years after getting it I found this literally drop in Kabuki front fork on e-bay. Thus this is really a Nibuki. I replaced most everything to get to where this bike is today. Single pivot sidepulls swapped to DiaComp centerpulls. Drop bars replaced with a moderate rise flatebar. Spiderflex saddle. E-bay Raceface 180mm mtb cranks with 3 new sprockets. Original Suntour front derailleur. New Shimano Shadow wide range mtb rear derailleur. Respaced rear forks to accomodate 10 speed cassette. Vuelta SL37 aero aluminum wheelset. New micro adjust aluminum seatpost. It is a pleasure to ride.
IMG_0208.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back