do'in it flintstone style (big hole in the floor of my truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i knew i had a hole in the floor under my clutch foot. but when i pulled the carpet back this is what i found

pics126.jpg

pics127.jpg

pics131.jpg

but my friend gave me the roof section off a 66 impala that someone left at his house. cut out a patch for now and screwed her down. at least it is quieter now and i dont run the risk of miss placing my foot through the hole anymore :mrgreen:

okay......from now on its know as the flinstone flyer!!!

hey karfer....you know anyone with a bead roller? if so have them do a few on the patch to stiffen it up
also when you weld it in flange the floor so itll sit flush when welded and do plug welds about every 2" then after those all cool go back and stitch weld it in(and check for any fuel lines,brake lines,wiring and such before you weld........the only cars ive ever had catch on fire when welding have been fords :? )
if you want any help bring it on down ive got nothing but time....

glad you fixed it, thought there for a while that you and Ted were going to see who bought the most shoes :lol: :p

I had a 56 chevy sedan delivery that I replaced the floor boards in . I tacked them in good and then went to a place that fixes boats. Bought a bunch of fiberglass and mat instead of cloth really cheap . Mixed it up and put that mat impregnated with the resin over it a couple times and you could jump on it and it wouldnt move or make any noise. cost me about $30 . I even went all the way up the firewall to fill in all the old holes. Then sprayed undercoating on it and you couldnt see the repair at all.

this is temp i will glass it in later. i still have to do the kick panel in front of the patch but at least this covered the worst of it

Latest posts

Back