Dont Ask ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

More intended for Attenion grabbing than actually being unaproachable. I was given my first handle "Knucklebuster" by the founding members of a Commuter Citizen Band Radio Club in Los Banos.
My handle had to do with the fact that I was a Automechanic, well as the years went on my handle "evolved" into Knuckledragger. There were 2 guys in the club that bass fished in tournaments.
I fished all my life and as I became better friends with them I would ask When am I going to get to fish with you guys? Well the response I recieved was DONT ASK..............So time would pass and I really did not understand, We interacted socially, bbq's, Friday night at the local bar etc. But when fishing was mentioned I was bluntly told DONT ASK! ! ! ! No explanation only my stunned confused trying to guess what the heck was wrong with otherwise enjoyable company. Well we got a deal on a slightly used toyhauler RV trailer. My fishing "friends" were quite enthused and reccomended a local lake to camp at.
Well they brought their boat along and I thought ok I am not going to say word 1 about fishing as I was sure I would not be going anyway. I had already endured 5+ years of not participating. Well I was asked to join them and while launching the boat I said I needed to know..........Dont Ask! ! ! ! why what the heck, They finally explained that fishing bass fishing as a team took a very focused and purpose full fishing behavior and every trip was a practice for a tournament and not fun or relaxing it was business.
Now I get invited to go as they have had enough time to hone their teamwork skills and have proven myself a seasoned and resonably skilled fisherman
But I will never forget how frusrtrating it was and Have adopted the handle Dont Ask on this and every other forum I participate on. I was refered here by a long time friend to your site and really enjoying it so far. I am getting my first rat bike this week. The first thing I do when exploring new hobbies is seek out the related forum's and start reading.

higgins002.jpg

Yes.... Yet another from the valley!! Many Welcomes from Fresno! I know it's not a short trip...and as a fisherman every time you tell the story the trip gets longer and longer :lol: But come join us on one of our rides. We just started a new bike club called Central Cali Cruisers and would love to have you! Not all of the rides will be just in Fresno as there are people jumping in from surrounding cities plus talks of a Pismo run coming up!!

Once again WELCOME :D

Welcome. Please ask all you want here. :wink:

Timbo said:
Nice ride! Well when I see Don't Ask....I gotta ask....but I won't :D

No need to worry the handle more "menacing" than the user. Just got into Rat biking, Very fortunate to have an old high school bro who was Rat Biking way before the phrase was coined. to guide me thru what took absolutely years of collecting and experimenting. I just got more parts from him on Friday, (fender's, genset lights, Rack, rear wheel stand, etc. Just set the fenders in place it look good to me.
Anyway Thanks to everyone for being so cool to the new guy. I am having trouble trying to "quote reply to the Central Cali Cruiser welcome it takes forever to load then I get a webpage not available message, even when I CLICK TO EMAIL THE DUDE.....same message so thanks all mo pictures when I gets the fenders Hammered out

Back