Double pull brake lever

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I got this double pull brake lever off a BMX years ago, 2 cables going to the gyro instead of the usual 1 split cable to the gyro.

I offered it up on sale here once upon a time but nobody showed interest.

Tonight I was finishing up hopefully the last OCC Chopper and this 3 speed model has the usual rear brake but also a front. The guy I’m building it for had only 2 right brake levers. I remembered this old double lever and installed it.

db2929b832ce89334ef66be2a3a86484.jpg

Top one goes to front and I have it adjusted to pull more than the back brake I have on the bottom.

It works great, especially on something that will just be cruised around on.

Keep an eye out for these, you could do lots of trick stuff with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got this double pull brake lever off a BMX years ago, 2 cables going to the gyro instead of the usual 1 split cable to the gyro.

I offered it up on sale here once upon a time but nobody showed interest.

Tonight I was finishing up hopefully the last OCC Chopper and this 3 speed model has the usual rear brake but also a front. The guy I’m building it for had only 2 right brake levers. I remembered this old double lever and installed it.

db2929b832ce89334ef66be2a3a86484.jpg

Top one goes to front and I have it adjusted to pull more than the back brake I have on the bottom.

It works great, especially on something that will just be cruised around on.

Keep an eye out for these, you could do lots of trick stuff with them.

That's a good use of that!

I remember those for the gyros. Something about difference in lever feel or pull rate going to dual cables all the way instead of single

Right now I’m kinda sad I just put it on his bike instead of saving it for a wacky klunker.

I had a wacky double cable converter that I put on a concept TT bike I was using! Shame I didn’t see this twenty years back or I would’ve bought one!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back