Double score!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was out riding around today and noticed my friend Mark cleaning out his garage. He was stripping a few bikes to be scrapped. Mostly 80's mountain bikes and Wal-Junk. But I found these two JC Higgins bikes in the corner and he said he was going to piece them out unless I wanted them. I asked how much? $10 for both. :shock: Throw them on my trailer! :mrgreen: There is enough there between the two to build one perfect and still have quite a few parts left over.

PC250159.jpg

PC250160.jpg

Then I swing by the scrapyard on the way home and I see this cool wheel sticking out of a scrap bin. This is awesome build material! Looks like a Jr. Dragster wheel.
PC250161.jpg

Chips_Mahoy said:
I've been looking for something like that little wheel!! Let me know if you decide to part with it.

PM sent!

Nice scores!!

I would guess early to mid 60s.
The frame looks alot like the Murray Meteor Flite that I picked up a few weeks ago, which I was guessing early 60s.
Yours has Spaceliner style rear racks though.

WP_001196.jpg

Yeah for some reason I keep getting sears style bikes, I have found a Spaceliner, a Fleetwing (like a Flightliner), and now these two just in this year. I do have an idea with those extra rack bars I have though. Build off material. :wink:

P7240043.jpg

Fleetwing002-vi.jpg

What would you guys think of me welding these two frames (Two girl's JC Higgins)together and making a tandem? Would that de-value them or add to it? I know girl's bikes aren't worth much anyway.

M.Martian said:
The chain guard on the first one was used to 1963. In 64 they had changed to a different style.

Cool, thanks. Is there anywhere you can look up the serial number like Schwinn?

big kountry said:
P.M sent on the spaceliner look alike or whatever it is I've got a vision
Didn't receive anything?

Latest posts

Back