DUMPSTER DIIIIVING!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
033.jpg

scooooooore!! found these while riding and taking some pictures. theyre heavy (36 pounds each) and with some clean up theyre going to be nice. theyre brown and have an uuuuugly cover. nuthing a weekend of work wont fix.

anyone else have any good dumpster dive or dump scores?

Hey dude, awesome! Nice score!

I used to dumpster dive all the time when I was 14. I remember finding about 80 RCA, S-video and coaxial cables, a snowboard, many bicycles, some live bullets :shock: , a bunch of tools, and probably some other neat stuff I can't remember. I'll never forget the time when I was digging deep in a dumpster from the side and I heard the gravel around me move so I looked behind me and there was this Dodge truck parked right in my face and the ladies in there had their jaws to the floor. :lol: I guess they're white collar folks.... :lol:

Keep it up! Dumpster diving is so much fun!

I have found some good stuff like foldable chairs, window a/c units, dvd players and surround systems, coffee makers, picture frames, all kinds of stuff...all this while I work.lol i do security at a shopping center, so I get first ribs on anything stores throw out the back. mostly though if its metal its getting recycled. Being that im security I've seen it all your everyday dumpster divers to someone driving up in a brand new bmw and diving right in...

my brother found a riding lawn mower yesterday while mowing some hay field ... err ... i mean rental property. it sounds like a grenade but its better than tearing up our mower belts. we took turns yesterday mowing down an overgrown garden while the other person tried to hit the mower with tomatoes from about 50'. i havent laughed that hard in a while :lol: no dumpster but the place is a dump now :mrgreen:

one of the best dives i could remember was in 6th grade. i found a 22 inch flatscreen tv in the trash. my mom told me there was a reason it was there. and there was, it made a horrible noise when you turned it on. but i (being the big electrician of the house) opened up the back, cut the wires to the speakers, and plugged in some sony interactive surround sound computer speakers. i was the baddest ... kid in school for about year till my little sister ran into my room one day while was re organizing, knocked the tv over :cry: you can fix a broken screen, but you cant fix a broken dream *sniffle*

other than that, i found a 5 dollar bill, i always take home pallets to add to my treehouse, and a girls roadie bike that got ran over by a fork lift (thinking now, i shouldve taken the rims to)

snydur said:
one of the best dives i could remember was in 6th grade. i found a 22 inch flatscreen tv in the trash. my mom told me there was a reason it was there. and there was, it made a horrible noise when you turned it on. but i (being the big electrician of the house) opened up the back, cut the wires to the speakers, and plugged in some sony interactive surround sound computer speakers. i was the baddest butt kid in school for about year till my little sister ran into my room one day while was re organizing, knocked the tv over :cry: you can fix a broken screen, but you cant fix a broken dream *sniffle*

other than that, i found a 5 dollar bill, i always take home pallets to add to my treehouse, and a girls roadie bike that got ran over by a fork lift (thinking now, i shouldve taken the rims to)

I'm planning a tree house now... can I see pics of yours or anyone else out there.

being honest theres not much up right now. i have some supports up, and set two posts. there was on there before that we built, but was unstable and kinda sketchy. recently ive been getting pallets. but when i start to get more work done, i will post pictures

the dumpster lid never left the rim when i saw this heading toward it. it was an hour walk home and i washed it, but it was way worth it.
011-8.jpg

014-6.jpg

i do this at least 3 times a week ...the city has a scrap dumpster and i dig stuff out all the time ...i found a few bikes ...some cool metal baskets ...lots of bed frames (keep and cut up for free angle) i dug about 30 lbs of copper wire out of there 2 days ago ...it was all bundled up and zip tied together just waitin for someone 2 take it ....so i did ...LOL my grampa was a scrapper ...so i guess its on my blood ...LOL and besides if someone can use it why toss it ...yes !!!

You guys would flip at the stuff I'm throwing away a my step-dad's house. Last week, I pitched a long piece of pipe, a big '70s Sears humidifier, and a trashed "antique style" mirror. Among the numerous bags of paper. Good thing a tree hugger is no where near! :lol:

Latest posts

Back