Dyno Glide Deluxe - Project "Local Hoodlum"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...Here are some pics of the old Dyno - far as I can tell from the date stamp on the front hub is its a Circa 94. But that's a guess. The pics are of the frame as I pulled it out of the box (Ebay item). Fender struts are rusted and so are the front fork legs - Paint is pretty good as you can see except for a few minor scratches. I plan to take the fork legs and the stock handlebar or a set of apehangers to Byers Bush for gloss black powdercoating - they are very economical with fast turnaround. The front wheel and tire cleaned up nicely with some TSP and McGuires polish. A few rust spots but 1 or 2 spokes will need replacing - easy enough to do. The front axle was bent so I pulled the Huret Axle and cones out of a spare Atom hub and it fit perfectly into the wheel - it even has some really cool old Huret wing nuts which will highlight that front wheel. Rear wheel comes next.

DSCN1503.jpg

DSCN1504.jpg

DSCN1506.jpg

DSCN1505.jpg

NICE....I almost bought one of those a couple weeks ago.....only the one I looked at was designed to resemble an old Checker cab.

I wish now that I'd bought it......but I didn't quite have enough cash on me while I was at the flea market :cry:

Back