Dyno-Trike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wasn't going to get in on this but I can't help myself. I had started a build with this frame but decided to go a different direction, so I hope that counts as a fresh start.
This is where I was as of the start of the build.

3 days ago I decided to add the board to the frame

Then I finally got my trike donor for 20 bucks!!!

Took everything apart, cleaned it up and put it back together for mock ups.

Since I'm going to keep the bent springer on the front I can't use a front brake, so I've decided to integrate a disk brake on the rear axle. Got the rotor and caliper on order and should have em next week! It's going to have a wood bed on the back with an audio system and a bit more. Having a hard time deciding if I want to go 26" all around or 26" in the front and keep the 24"s on the back. I'm not going to do a drawing to show what it's going to look like in the end because it'll probably change a bunch of times before then.

24'' at the back gives it that nice low stance .. 29er/700c at front could look great too!

i like the lines of that frame without a center back wheel , really flow nicely !

Looks cool so far! Welcome to the Build-Off!
You can put a front disc brake on those forks, BicycleDesigner has bolt on adaptors...

Luke.
I'll be getting my caliper and rotor later today for a disk setup on the rear axle. I just don't trust this sketchy bent springer to do anything more than turn the bike. heck, even then it has to be adjusted all the time. I've also been thinking of adding a set pin to the spring collar on the fork to make it stop walking to the side. Ya get what ya pay for, and I sure didn't pay much!

Found out that Sun makes an axle rotor adapter, but they don't sell just the adapter. So the kit is on order all for ONE PART, but I won't have a wobbly rotor!!! Unfortunately this sets me back on basically everything else since I can't mount the bracket or start on the bed till get the rotor mounted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back