e-bay rant

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
What part of "I will ship this bike in the lower 48 as i do not trust overseas shipping" is so hard to understand that an overseas bidder will jump in and withiout a courteosy e-mail, just bid away....OK, I feel better now but I probably wont be right until the transaction is done and I get my feedback (check back in a month)

That is annoying, but then again every part of E-bay annoys the snot out of me. Also I throw in the clause, if not picked up or given an address to ship to in 30 days from auction close I will not issue a refund and I will re-post.... :mrgreen:

Ya know it's quite possible its a simple misunderstanding / computer glitche.

The canadian version of ebay, would be ebay.ca. everything listed on ebay.ca are things available in canada.
So when i shop on ebay.ca, i assume shipping is not an issue. (i don't even bother looking)

I can't tell ya how many nasty emails i've recieved over the years from an irate american that doesn't want to ship over the boarder and is mad as heck I've wasted his time/money. I'm sure most could be traced back to problems with ebay themselves, and not a question of set seller listing the item in the wrong location.

no worries brotha, perhaps it not a conspiracy to annoy ya. :lol:

It's all good. Just means an extra trip to the post office or fed ex with a 50lb bike box for a shipping quote + insurance quote + delivery comfirmation quote...

Speaking of overseas shipping, I keep seeing neat stuff offered by companies in Hong Kong, (neat machined aluminum platform pedals), the prices all seem good, even the shipping isn't that bad. Anyone stateside have any experience buying from HK?

Walker said:
It's all good. Just means an extra trip to the post office or fed ex with a 50lb bike box for a shipping quote + insurance quote + delivery comfirmation quote...

Speaking of overseas shipping, I keep seeing neat stuff offered by companies in Hong Kong, (neat machined aluminum platform pedals), the prices all seem good, even the shipping isn't that bad. Anyone stateside have any experience buying from HK?

I got one of those engine kits from there, took 4 months to get it but other than that it wasn't bad, just check their feedback closely like anyone else.

Latest posts

Back