E-Bay

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Anyone else thinking about deleting their account? The fees are insane anymore & also I sold an item & upon packing it I broke it & sent the buyer an e-mail saying so & refunded his money back that day. So then he goes & leaves me negative feedback telling lies cause he is pissed that he did not get the item & ebay will not remove the negative feedback either. As a seller I can't even leave negative feedback, frustrating!!!!!

Ebay is still the cheapest advertising reaching the most people possible. The fees are so minimal, try advertising in a local paper or other publication, 2-3 times the money and your only reaching a handful of people. It is just the cost of doing business.

KZ1000 said:
Ebay is still the cheapest advertising reaching the most people possible. The fees are so minimal, try advertising in a local paper or other publication, 2-3 times the money and your only reaching a handful of people. It is just the cost of doing business.
Yeah I agree, the listing fees are minimal until you look at your bill & see the percent that they take depending on the total cost of the sale.

rusty513 said:
KZ1000 said:
Yeah I agree, the listing fees are minimal until you look at your bill & see the percent that they take depending on the total cost of the sale.
I agree. It's kinda getting ridiculous with the fees.

9%, where else are you going to find the people to buy your stuff for the most money

I agree with the first post, the fees are out of control, and the fact that sellers cannot leave a negative feedback. There are a lot of bad buyers out there, that just don't get how negative feedback is damaging to sellers. Plus PayPal has a lot of weird policies and is not cheap. Too much big brother going on. I have a 100% feedback but it is not my favorite place to sell stuff.

The thing is E-bay knows that they got you no matter what. You get 10 times higher price on Ebay as selling locally so they know they can shave 10 cents here 10 cents there off of everybody and they will become rich. An extra picture makes them money, an extra listing under a different category makes them money, insertion fees, final value fees, 9% of first $X and X% of the rest. They need to just simplify the fees or make a flat rate for selling stuff or an unlimited membership that is so much per year. Then if it isn't Ebay killing you with fees Paypal has to get their cut too. :roll: Then shipping :roll:

It is a little ridiculous.

I always use multiple full size pictures in my ads, sometimes up to 20, and have NEVER paid extra for any pics. I only use the first free picture they allow to get a picture on the page then download all I want into the ad. Much better pics and no extra cost

I think many of us have a love-hate relationship with ebay.

I only just had my first issue with a buyer. Won the item then told me I would have to wait 4-5 weeks to get paid. Then it got worse. oh well.

Walker said:
I think many of us have a love-hate relationship with ebay.

I only just had my first issue with a buyer. Won the item then told me I would have to wait 4-5 weeks to get paid. Then it got worse. oh well.
I had one like that, he won the auction, and after four days of nothing, I pmed him and he replied that he was in the hospital and that his diabetes had acted up, so I replied something about sorry to hear that, so when do you think you can make payment, he replies the first of the month . First of the month comes he sends me a email that he don't want it now. I messaged him that I was upset since I held it so long. and left a negative comment on the only place to leave comments, the positive section. He sent me a pm threatening to leave me negative comments unless I retracted mine. I got ahold of Ebay and they told me its against policy o leave negative on the positive section and they would retract it, and its against policy to make threats against the seller for making a claim , and since I opened a claim they would allow 5 days for him to pay me or they would take care of the negative comments themselves. I never got paid, but I got my ebay fees returned.

I love eBay. 8)

But I see how people may be discouraged, especially when buyers are unfair and leave you negative feedback for a ridiculous reason.

The fees are okay. One time I ran across a 20 dollar bill from 1950 and couldn't spend it so I listed it on eBay and sold it for $24 but by the time I paid for shipping and after the fees I ended up losing money, LOL; I should have just spent it. Oh well, I love eBay. :D

Latest posts

Back