E-bay

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Really thinking about deleting my account. I realize you normally able to sell stuff on ebay for more money but the fees are insane anymore & I never buy on ebay because I'm not going to pay over inflated prices for stuff. When you do sell something & the buyer is not happy with their purchase they are the ones that are always right in ebays eyes & they just take the money out of your account & send it back to the buyer!!!!! Then the buyer leaves you negative feedback & you can't leave them negative feedback. Tired giving money to ebay!!!!

I rarely sell on ebay because of this. I think that ebay believes giving buyers the upper hand in these matters encourages buying. They may be right, but what happens when sellers get tired of that and the amount of product being sold starts to decrease. Every time I sell on ebay I feel afraid for some discrepancy in the transaction until I get positive feedback from the buyer. I've only been seriously burned on one transaction where the product never showed and I waited too long to do anything about it as it was about 12 years ago and I was more trusting. But if I buy an item and it arrives, I'm cool. I'm not picky enough to moan about little differences. But then again I'm not dealing in high end bicycles. Furthermore, feedback isn't mandatory, and I get tired of leaving feedback for sellers who don't reciprocate. Their reputation gets better while mine stays the same. I'm to the point where I buy and then don't leave feedback. Then the seller is sending me messages wanting me to give him 5 stars or whatever. I haven't used the star system once. I leave a little comment and I'm done.

My gripe is with the Paypal part. I reached a magical $10,000 limit and they say I have to either
give them access to my bank account or use their credit card. I have always used a Discover and
whatever I bought was paid for right then. I was going to give them an old bank account with $6
in it but they might pull money out and I would be dinged for an over draw. No answer to the
problem. Just don't sell or use Pay pal.

Uncle Stretch said:
My gripe is with the Paypal part. I reached a magical $10,000 limit and they say I have to either
give them access to my bank account or use their credit card. I have always used a Discover and
whatever I bought was paid for right then. I was going to give them an old bank account with $6
in it but they might pull money out and I would be dinged for an over draw. No answer to the
problem. Just don't sell or use Pay pal.
They pulled that crap with me! I had to give them my account info.

i never sell on ebay.i bought maybe 4 things from there.
as far as paypal,i use my bank account,but i never have more in there than i can afford to lose.which isn't much.i keep a few bucks in my paypal account just in case i come on here and see a screamin deal and the seller takes paypal.

I buy a lot more then I sell on there any more. There are good deals to be had, if you search and know what to pay. as far as selling, Same here, the fees and rules get old. Plus I would rather list them on here or other forums makes more sense to give the bike guys first dibs!

Never have never will,sold or bought, as stated on every one of my post !
SEE BELOW :wink:

Latest posts

Back