Early 1960s Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From 1960-1964 Huffy imported Carlton road frames from France and re-painted/badged them as Huffy's. I rescued this frame from Ebay a while back and built it up as my singlespeed/fixie (there's a flip-flop hub in back). Most of the drive train is new, but I managed to sneak in some parts I had laying around including the chopped/flipped handlebar. The long-reach brakes and bar-end levers came in pairs, so I decided to put front and rear brakes on. She get's a lot of attention and NO ONE believes it's a Huffy until they see the faded decal on the downtube. The chrome head-tube lugs are what sold me!

huffy1.jpg

huffy2.jpg

Very cool! I love that frame. I remember working in the bike shop 20+ years ago and having French road bikes come in for repair. I could not believe how light weight they were. And these bikes were made before cromoly was being used.

Thanks BTF! I was pleasantly surprised at how light the frame was. I had to do some homework before I bought it, but it was worth every penny!

Thanks everybody! She's definitely one of my favorites in the stable. The frame is actually completely chromed with coat of light green translucent paint (original). Some of it has rubbed off here and there, but as we all know that adds a little character.

Latest posts

Back