early 50's jc higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a preliminary pic of
jchiggins.jpg
the jc that some kids at school are helping me with. I took the forks off a monarch.

Already looks very agressive! If your 'Forty Eight" was any indication, this is going to be an angry beast.

they are kenda flames. got them from a J&B catalog at my lbs. ran me 50 bones for the pair. I'm looking for some mid rise apes to put on them. I'll probably use a bmx four bolt stem and put a light right above the springs. I work in the schools and the autobody teacher at the votech building did the "fourty 8" bike. He has a sweet betty page type pin up stencil that looks like the originals. I might faux tank it and put betty on it.

Skoda! hows the gang in Cow town? Let me know when a sweet ride is coming up. Wrestling season has a month to go and springtime is my time.

Looking good so far :D :D :D

I particularly like the wide black walls on the black rims. Gives it an early stock car/shine runner look.

-Mp

got really excited when i saw the post but that frame is a little different than the ol higgins i built. that is the same higgins frame seville used for his boardtracker. very cool love the fork and i dig the way your teach'in the young gen about rat bikes.

coach j said:
Skoda! hows the gang in Cow town? Let me know when a sweet ride is coming up. Wrestling season has a month to go and springtime is my time.

You're in luck!!! Let me know when and if you could come up and we can make something happen or at least hit the good spots around town. Check it out.

....These races will be part of the Los Punk Rods event "Los Punk Rods Spring Thing" April 26th at the Blvd Drive Inn - http://www.boulevarddrivein.com. On Saturday the 26th racers are encouraged to show their race vehicles in the "No Gas Nationals" section of the "Los Punk Rods Spring Thing" event at the Blvd Drive In. Information about this event can be found at http://www.myspace.com/lospunkrods. Sunday the 27th, early afternoon until close, the Los Punk Rods Car Club and, rat rodders, and some of the racers will be meeting at The Coffee Break for lunch and coffee. The Coffee Break is located on the corner of 51st and Troost in Kansas City, Missouri.

Back