Early '70 Huffy Stiletto C/S 5 restoration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I'm going to build this.

XSUUB7.jpg

Out of this.

8ceSov.jpg

Granted, it's a '69 frame, but they used late '69 frames on early '70's models because they had them left over. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

I forgot I made a build page! lol

Wheels done, and a lot of the main "body" work done. I still have some nit-picky stuff to clean up that I'll do after the full mock-up. I started that tonight. As I figure out what hardware works, I polish each nut and bolt after it's been tested. That way once the mock-up is done, I can break it down, clean up the body work, and get it to paint. Here's progress tonight.

79SE2E.jpg

I really enjoy your builds, post up all the details. Thats a long looking top tube frame, nice and roomy.
Thanks, but I'm not chronicling this one in a lot of detail just because I'm really busy. I mean, right now I'm just polishing. No one cares about that. lol

A little update. Doesn't look like a lot has been done, but a lot of little details have been completed, mainly polishing of hardware. I'm a little concerned about the sissy and the angle of the derailleur. The seat is getting a lot of work right now. When done, I'll set it up, then that should show me if it's an issue, but that's the way the derailleur and sissy are set, so maybe it's just a matter of setting them. The guard is getting a lot layered attention. The frame will as well, once I'm done with the build. I've got a fender brace on the way, so that should finish off the parts.

Sweet !!

Today was paint day! A deep candy Nile Green.

jXn6Ww.jpg

The hardest part was setting the stripes for the fenders and stencils. Black was applied via a small air brush.

JbLv6a.jpg

And a preview of the finish out in the sun. You can really see how the stencil pops out. And the light metallic... BAM!

YBSFhq.jpg

Amazing paint . Both the green and the black detailing

Latest posts

Back