EBAY Help- Wrong Size Sent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just purchased some new snow Skis. The Seller list that the length was 178cm, but they arrived being 172cm. He spent way more on shipping than he expected. I know I want a 178cm because I have ski my twin brother's that are just the same. What is reasonable? Send them back? Ask for a discount and resell them locally?

Here is the Auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

He sent you the wrong product...it's his fault. It's also his fault for not charging enough for shipping.

You have the upper hand here also. He has 100% feedback and cannot leave you negative feedback...you as the buyer have that option.

He has nearly 500 feedbacks so he's no rookie....sounds like he needs to man up and cover everything if you ask me.

i realize its his bad and all, but do you think the 6cm is really going to make that much of a difference?

it might effect speed just a tiny bit, but there gonna be a little more nimble.
if your into doing jumps,tricks etc i'd keep em, if its all about downhill speed, then return them.

if it were me, i'd approach him with a you screwed up, but if you want to offer a discount, i'll deal with it kinda email.

if not, it looks like you might have to return them for cash. set seller doesn't have any other ski's ( items ) listed.

one good thing about them being shorter, your bro can't pull the old switch a roo on ya. :lol:

Thanks for the replies. I emailed him just reporting the problem with pictures. I didn't ask for anything yet. I will probably ask for a full refund including the shipping back to him.

icyuod2 said:
i realize its his bad and all, but do you think the 6cm is really going to make that much of a difference?
I would hate to make a mistake and find out the middle of January that I don't like them. I usually ski fast whether on groomed or off-trail. Jumps and tricks are for kids. Thanks for the insight though.

I'd say send him an e-mail and politely say he misrepresented the item, and you'd like an exchange or refund. It's up to the seller to post things accurately, It's up to him to calculate shipping properly, I have found that most people will try to resolve things rather than loose their 100% positive record on E-bay. It's a buyer's market on e-bay. It's like a contract between two people, You paid said price for a set of 178cm skis, He didn't deliver a set of 178cm skis, therefore he is at fault.

I think the problem lies with using that silly centimeter stuff. If they had been in inches , he probably wouldn't have gotten confused. Metric system ...bah humbug, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in the item specifics it lists the length as 171-180cm ... personally i think he should make it right ... even though the guy is missing a leg :shock:

if he updated the listing to add the 171-180cm he should of let you retract your bid if it was bid on before the item description was changed on nov 15, but im guessing you did the bin after he added that on the 17th ?

either way seems like a bad listing on his part and i wouldnt feel bad asking for a full refund. i dont know how nasty i would honestly get if he ignores you though, but for that kind of $ i would want to get what i wanted.

he's right, the discription does say
171-178cm which he has delivered.
i don't think you have a leg to stand on. (even though its shafty, the way its been listed)
its one of those, "ya should have read the fine print" sorta mistakes on your part.

i'd be willing to bet money he ran out of charictor space in the title, and thats why it only says 171-178 in the discription.

CCR said:
in the item specifics it lists the length as 171-180cm ... personally i think he should make it right ... even though the guy is missing a leg :shock:
icyuod2 said:
That is just a classification via ebay so you can find the right size range quickly. Much like MTB and road bikes are classified into size groups (17"-18", 19-20").

He is going to refund the money after admitting his mistake, including return shipping.

cman said:
That is just a classification via ebay so you can find the right size range quickly. Much like MTB and road bikes are classified into size groups (17"-18", 19-20").

He is going to refund the money after admitting his mistake, including return shipping.

good to hear man! i hate when people dont own up to their mistakes.

cman said:
CCR said:
icyuod2 said:

Cool, be sure to leave him some good feedback saying he went the extra mile to resolve the discrepancy. That makes things better for everybody who buys from him in the future and will make him a little happier about the mistake.

Latest posts

Back