Ed Debevics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody ever been to one? The wait staff is intentionally "rude" but funny. We went to one in Chicago last night and the kids loved it. The workers dress kinda goofy and all get up and dance on the tables. Real fun night! Great for familys :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have been to the one in Chicago a few times when we used to live in Schaumburg.

It was really fun having people be rude to you...ha ha.

Heard of the place but never have been. I don't think there's one in Michigan. Sounds like a blast!
About 20 years ago there was something similar in the Waterford area. Real greasy spoon looking type place. Good food and a great group of servers. Unfortunately one of the customers didn't understand or have a sense of humor and shot one of the waiters. He lived but the place shut down and was enventually bulldozed down for RiteAid or something similar.
I'll have to aid Ed Debevics to my "lookout for" list!
Thanks!

We had one in PHX. until about 8 years ago.I had been there several times. It was like a Happy Days set, lots of music and singing waiters/waitresses.They had a burger that I loved called the Blue Moon Burger, just a burger but covered in a blue cheese sauce.... mmmmm :wink:

Image030.jpg

Rat Rod said:
I have been to the one in Chicago a few times when we used to live in Schaumburg.

my uncle used to work for schaumburg honda when he lived there! that place sounds like it would be fun to eat at!

Easy E

elvis51 said:
Rat Rod said:

my uncle used to work for schaumburg honda when he lived there! that place sounds like it would be fun to eat at!

Easy E

I actually worked there too for a short time in High School....probably in 1987.

I worked in the detailing center....go figure.

haha imagine that huh! my uncle was the parts manager for a few years back in 1990 something. i cant remember. he was just talking about that place saturday too! sorry to hijack a thread. now back to your regulary scheduled program

Easy E

heyy! i went to one when i went on a family trip to chicago! awesome place, the best service ive EVER gotten in my life, they danced on the tables, had working jukeboxs at each table, amazing food, just a great 50's diner feel. cant wait to go again. :mrgreen:

Never been to one. But, the staff at my favorite local dinner is intentionaly rude. The difference is that they aren't faking anything, and will charge extra if you are a bad customer. The owner routinely reaches his hands into customer's food and grabs a bite for himself. The humor bites rather than nips and you've got to bite back, or be eaten. I love it.

Latest posts

Back