Electra Amsterdam 3 Speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Had to ride through some hard rain to get it but I got this cool bike for a hunny bucks! The only thing wrong with it is the chrome paint on aluminum Handlebars, seat post and pedal legs is coming off. Functionality is great with no issues there. Really nothing than what I just mentioned. Very good value for the money I think.

Has anyone used etching primer and chrome paint to deal with something like this? I was also thinking etching primer followed by some matte black paint.

IMG_0885.JPG
IMG_0887.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Black would look good. As for painting I don't know.

Went through my boxes of bike parts and found some new chrome seatposts that will fit. Just gonna order some Handlebars from eBay which should not be too expensive. That just leaves the pedal arms which I will paint matte black. Also found some cool aluminum BMX / Mountain bike pedals that will look good on it. I'll be out another 25 bucks tops.

Finally got it buttoned up. Spent a little more than I wanted to but it came out really nice. Added some Townie handlebars, a Haro 27.2 cushioned seatpost and some MKS pedals that I had lying around. Painted the pedal arms. Bike is really nice and is a good rider The new owner may want to put some new tires on it. Some cream tires would look killer on it.

IMG_0893.JPG
IMG_0894.JPG
IMG_0895.JPG
IMG_0896.JPG
IMG_0897.JPG

Latest posts

Back