Electra frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my current daily driver.
I've build it a year ago, the make of the frame is "easybike".

rua4uq.jpg

after riding it with great pleasure for about a year, looking at this frame i think it needs a bent springer, ape's and a banana seat.(Future project, maybe even rrbbo6)

All the parts that are on there now will go to an electra rs frame i'm picking up next saturday.
I have seen pics of the frame, and it looks in pretty good condition.
The only things missing are breaks and wheels, its got seat and bars crank still on it looks rusted but only surface.
I cannot post pictures yet because they are still on the add that is protected.
But her's a pic of the frame model,(with the seatstays in the lower position towards the mid tube).
jpixs4.jpg

Does anybody know from when to when this frame was in production by electra?
And why they changed the design(by raising the connection of the chainstays up, to the top tube).
thnx.

Re: Electra frame(got it!)

Here's something different.

The seller had accepted my bidding and we agreed that I would pick the frame up on (last)saturday.
he did not remove the add incase i would not show.
after we agreed a few people made higher bids than me, i got an email from the seller saying" not to worry we still have a deal for the amount agreed"
When we went to pick up the frame, it turned out to be a bike collecter and a really nice dude.
He wanted to know what was so special about this frame.
he collected old french racing bikes, like peugeot and motobecane.
Hje had a nice collection of vintage parts laying around his workshop too.
reaaly disapointing that i could not take any pic's there.
i got some pic's frome the frame though.
2nr1xn7.jpg

wl8ub9.jpg

xfoi8z.jpg

Its in pretty decent shape, nothing that can't be fixed with a little elbow grease.

thats a cool frame. its sooooooo refreshing to hear your story of a good experience and to know this crazy old world still has some honest, good people. been lots of scary stories lately.

Those brake bosses must of been an import requirement. I have not seen them on bikes in the US.

cman said:
Those brake bosses must of been an import requirement. I have not seen them on bikes in the US.

No import requirement.
I think an previous owners preference. :)

well, anyway, there gone now.
it didn't require any powertool just a piece of pipe i put over them and with one twist of the wrist they where of.
they where practicly bondoed on, wich means they are definatly reuseable.
they will find a new life on my "molested" build.

Love these type of frames!! Currently i have 2, still looking for more on "marktplaats"

Here's what i did with my RS

PB050697.jpg
PB050698.jpg

Good luck with your build :mrgreen:

1850MB said:
Love these type of frames!! Currently i have 2, still looking for more on "marktplaats"

Here's what i did with my RS

PB050697.jpg
PB050698.jpg

Good luck with your build :mrgreen:

Thanks,
I have several builds going, i work on the "molested" in my workshop, and the electra at home.
This electra build should be fairly easy, i hope to get the frame primered this week, and let it sit for a couple of day's.
Its gonna be painted black like my daily, after that its gonna get all the parts from the daily.wich are mostly electra allready, except for the wheelset/tires, they are from nirve.
Maybe a new full whitwall rear tire, a front carrier and wood tank inserts.
At first i liked the electra radrod design, evolving from that i think the bike is gonna look like a "electra HOTrod delivery".

I like your electra, are those tires redline retrorunners?
I love that one, that will go on the bike all the stuff for the electra is comming from, that will be a theme/tribute build, i want a redline 24X3 for the rear by the time.

Latest posts

Back