Electric Girvin Basman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, this is my first post.
For the past 18 months I have been enjoying reading all of your posts and building an ever engrossing enthusiasm for the e-bike/ratrod bike community.
There's nothing quite like a good obsession as it quietly takes over every spare brain cycle.
A good obsession to me is like your favorite duvet, crisp, comforting and all encompassing.
I am now at the point of no return.
Last week after months and months of research, deliberating over parts, construction methods and aesthetics I have finally decided to take the plunge.
The bike I am looking to build will be a wide wheel electric Girvin fork Basman.
I will be attempting to achieve something that is both 'good looking' and effective.
To do this I know there may be compromises that will have to be made for this reason I want to make it clear that if and more likely when I have to make those compromises I will ere on aesthetics over function.
This is not because I necessarily think function is less important that aesthetic, it is because I believe it is the best way round to do it if you want something both beautiful and effective.
Get the look and feel right, then engineer the solutions that can uphold the design.
At least this way the engineering challenges will have a clear goal...
So this build will almost certainly be inherently flawed... I see it as more than a sketch than anything else.
Here is a brief description of my 'flawed' plan so far :)

- Basman Frame ~Regular (arrived)
- Girvin Fork (widened to fit 24x3 on 100mm rims and disk brake mount attached) (full breakdown of my endeavors on this mini build to follow)
- Crazy bob 24x3 front and rear 100mm rims on both
- The crown motor on rear
- Sinewave controller
- Lipo batteries etc

The bike will be mostly black with key elements copper plated such as front forks, seat post, handlebars and disk breaks.
I feel this build will take me the best part of 6 months in my opinion, hopefully 4 months so I can take in for a summer ride in the English country side this year!
Updates will come every weekend if everything goes to plan.

Good to e-meet you all and look forward to your help, advice and comments.

Best

Cal

Latest posts

Back