Electric Moped called an "Ego vehicle"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I pulled this beauty out of a dumpster over the summer. EGO VEHICLE!!!!!!!! yes that's the name. Low and behold when I connected red to brown it actually turned on. I'm trying to sell it. If anyone in the New York area wants it let me know. But given it's dorky looks I might not find a buyer. So If I do keep it I gotta change some things. Primarily I know this thing can go faster than 20 but it's top speed is electronically limited. Would I be able to change that? What would you guy do with this if you had one?
P1010454.jpg

Throw a banana on it with a big 'ol sissybar and some apes! Go as big as possible on the tires. Maybe weld in a top bar or two (to make it a boy). Bob the fenders. Definitely repaint it! I'm not sure how to "rod" the motor but ... HECK YEAH!

Yeh, good suggestions. I was thinking of lacing bigger rims onto it and changing the fork and dropouts. Maybe 24's. Would the bigger rims make it faster or slower? Gonna try to make it more of a bike than a scooter. Having your legs in front like that(scooter style) just doesn't feel right for balance.
This thing is basically a fixed gear too. The rear wheel does not coast. So the throttle controls braking as well. Kinda weird.
You see more and more of these now in NYC, Mayor Mike just amended some law about electric vehicles. But I'm sure a cop will stop me at some point as they are never really sure of the laws themselves. So anything to disguise the electric aspect will be good.

Bettleguise said:
I was thinking of lacing bigger rims onto it and changing the fork and dropouts. Maybe 24's. Would the bigger rims make it faster or slower?

If you actually make the overall diameter of the tires larger, theoretically that should make it slower off the line, but give you a higher top speed...

gonna need cards in the spokes too! 8)

you know, since the electric motor is cool...... but doesn't sound cool....... yet :mrgreen:

p.s. if you laminate the cards, they're louder and last longer :wink:

Latest posts

Back